dj.edits is a Black-owned editorial services company. Owned by Dana Johnson, dj.edits provides a variety of editorial services to individual clients and organizations around the Greater Cincinnati Area.
Dana Johnson is a proofreader, copy editor, developmental editor, and writer, with a background in science and education. Dana officially began down her publishing career path in 2010 after working as a scientist and high school science teacher encouraging and supporting students of color, particularly women, in pursuing careers in science.
dj.edits specializes in:
- authoring, reviewing, and editing educational materials
- copyediting doctoral dissertations in the social sciences, particularly in education
- editing for self-publishing authors
- copyediting literature for nonprofits and other organizations
- magazine editing and writing, from development to publication.
This business of one allows for highly personalized attention for every client, beginning with a frank discussion to explore the scope of the project and to determine whether Dana’s expertise and skill sets are a solid fit to deliver the desired results.
Dana works remotely within Microsoft Word (using Track Changes), Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs, and authoring/learning management systems. She is proficient in Chicago and APA styles, and adept at following any in-house style guide to the detail. The sharp wordsmith is a natural teacher, storyteller, organizer, thought partner, and copy polisher. And her know-how is always packaged with dependability and empathy.
dj.edits promises to
- write and edit targeted, clear, and concise copy.
- offer a blend of practicality and creativity.
- listen with the intention to deliver exceptional services and products.
- be respectful of authors, protecting and promoting each voice.
- be sensitive to readers, mindful of the diversity of all kinds.
If youâre looking for exceptional editorial services, dj.edits may be able to provide exactly what you need to help you accomplish your writing objectives and produce a first-rate copy.
This right brain/left brain scientist, educator, and creative is up to the task of helping you share your knowledge, tell your story, or engage and instruct your learners.
In the end, every product says what you want, how you want.
Correct. Clear. Concise.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 797979.