- This event has passed.
Black Empowerment Works Grant
United Way of Greater CincinnatiFree
Photo credit: United Way of Greater Cincinnati
Do you have a community focused idea or project that can address poverty in Greater Cincinnati? Apply for the Black Empowerment Grant by May 1.
Black Empowerment Works promotes Black economic and social prosperity through self-determination by resourcing and funding grassroots-generated, Black-led ideas, programs and projects. Essentially, it is an equity-focused grant and support program addressing poverty in Greater Cincinnati. For-profit and non-profit organizations can apply for this grant.
How to apply for the Black Empowerment Works Grant.
Are you passionate about Black-led ideas? Are you a Black-idea leader? Do you want to promote greater equity in philanthropy? Apply to be a grantee. This Cincinnati grant ranges from $2,500 to $25,000. The deadline to apply is May 1.
Apply for Black Empowerment Works Grant
Become a Reviewer of Grantees
Help select the first round of grantees. Apply by March 23.
Become a Mentor-Supporter of Grantees
Provide guidance, resources and connections to grantees. Apply by May 1.
Why does Black Empowerment Works exist?
Simply put, too many Black families and individuals in our region are experiencing poverty, and too few Black-led ideas, programs and projects (and by extension, Black leaders) receive funding and resources to address it. We are committed to changing that.
We believe that by investing in more Black-led ideas, programs and projects we can:
- Bring a greater diversity of solutions and thought leadership into United Way’s work;
- Gain a better understanding of the unique strengths, opportunities and challenges within communities; and
- Collaborate on strategies that work to reduce racial disparities in outcomes.
Every GRANTEE should remember these dates.
– May 1: Application closes.
– May 13: Grantees selected and notified.
– Early June: Community celebration and introduction to Black Empowerment Works Class 1.
Do you have questions about the Black Empower Works Grant?
Contact via email@example.com or 513-762-7157. Public events and open office hours will be available to engage and inform the community throughout the process.
Public events registration
Resources are available to help you.
– Information Package (PDF)
– Application Questions (PDF)