- This event has passed.
Cincinnati Art After Dark
October 25, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Cincinnati Art MuseumFree
Photo provided by Cincinnati Art Museum Press Release
Have some adult fun and party at the Cincinnati Art Museum’s Art After Dark.
Celebrate Halloween early with an evening of dancing, cocktails, and devilish delights during Cincinnati Art Museum’s FREE event Art After Dark: Tormented Souls.
Enjoy music from DJ AB, dance performances from Pones and gallery performances from Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park. In addition, there will be food for purchase, specialty cocktails, planet and stargazing with Cincinnati Observatory and free admission to special exhibition Treasures of the Spanish World. Get in the Halloween spirit and wear a costume. No masks or weapons.
The timeline for Art After Dark includes:
- 5–6 p.m.: Happy hour on beer, wine, and cocktails. Guests 21+ only
- 5–9 p.m.: Food available for purchase from Ché and Busken Bakery (while supplies last)
- 5–9 p.m.: Music from DJ AB
- 5–9 p.m.: Performances from Pones throughout the night
- 6:30, 7 and 8 p.m.: Performances from Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park in the Treasures of the Spanish World galleries. Free admission. No need to RSVP.
- 7–9 p.m.: Join members of the Cincinnati Observatory who will show you views of the planets and stars using telescopes (if the weather does not allow, it will not take place). Free admission. No need to RSVP.
To learn more, visit cincinnatiartmuseum.org/artafterdark. The Cincinnati Art Museum anticipates large crowds. Therefore, it is recommended that you carpool or take a ridesharing service.
About Treasures of the Spanish World
Treasures of the Spanish World (on view October 25, 2019–January 19, 2020) explores the riches of the Spanish world across four millennia through some of the finest artworks from the Iberian Peninsula and Spanish America. Over 200 works of art from artists including Goya, Velázquez, and Sorolla will be shown. This exhibition is made possible by the Hispanic Society Museum & Library.
About Cincinnati Art Museum
The Cincinnati Art Museum features a diverse, encyclopedic art collection of more than 67,000 works spanning 6,000 years. In addition to displaying its own broad collection, the museum also hosts several national and international traveling exhibitions each year. Visitors can enjoy the exhibitions or participate in the museum’s wide range of art-related programs, activities and special events.