- This event has passed.
Cincinnati Festival of Faiths
Xavier University – Cintas Center
The Cincinnati Festival of Faiths takes place on Saturday, August 12, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Xavier University’s Cintas Center.
The Cincinnati Festival of Faiths, hosted by Equision, is a free and open event that celebrates the diversity and unity of different faith traditions in our community. It is a day of learning, sharing, and enjoying various religions’ rich cultural and spiritual expressions.
The theme of this year’s Festival is Compassion Through Action: Dwelling Together in Peace and Justice. We invite you to explore how different faiths inspire us to act compassionately and work for justice.
We are honored to have four distinguished leaders from different faith communities as honorary co-chairs. They are:
- Shakila T. Ahmad, President and Chair of the Board of the Islamic Center of Greater Cincinnati.
- Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr, Archbishop of Cincinnati.
- Acharya Kailash Sharma, Hindu Priest, and Spiritual Leader.
- Rabbi Gary P. Zola, Ph.D., Executive Director of The Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives.
What To Expect
The Festival will feature more than 30 faith organizations representing 13 world religions. You can visit their booths and learn more about their beliefs, practices, and values. You can also enjoy various food, music, art, and entertainment from different cultures and traditions. Some of the highlights include:
- A free lunch is provided by the Sikh community in the parking lot.
- A kids’ zone with games and crafts.
- A main stage with performances by singers, dancers, musicians, and more.
- A marketplace with vendors selling books, jewelry, clothing, and other items.
EquaSion is a non-partisan civic organization that promotes interfaith dialogue and cooperation. EquaSion’s mission is to foster greater understanding, respect, compassion, inclusion, and engagement for all people and faith communities in Greater Cincinnati and beyond. EquaSion’s vision is for everyone to feel welcomed and included in a just and compassionate community.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.