- This event has passed.
Urban League Hosts 27th Annual Glorifying the Lions Ceremony
April 8 - April 12
The Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio Honors Six Community Leaders
The Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio presents its 27th Annual Glorifying the Lions Ceremony honoring six (6) community leaders. ULGSO, along with its title sponsor, Fifth Third Bank, in partnership with WLWT, will air the televised premiere on Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 7 p.m. on Channel 5, with host Ashley Kirklen.
This event recognizes community leaders who have reached 65 years and distinguished themselves in their personal and professional lives. Eddie Koen, president and CEO of the Urban League, remarks, “We are excited to honor this group of Lions.
These honorees have done so much to impact the community through their commitment to service and equity.” Royce Sutton, ULGSO board member and senior vice president, Ohio CED Market Manager of Fifth Third Bank, adds, “Fifth Third Bank salutes this year’s Lions. We are all better because of their vision, leadership, and innovation. Congratulations!”
The 2021 Lion Honorees are as follows:
- Bootsy and Patti Collins – All-time great funk and R&B bassist, singer, and bandleader; philanthropists and community activists
- Eileen Cooper Reed – Former State Director of the Children’s Defense Fund, education advocate, and racial equity leader
- David Dillon – Former Kroger CEO and Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio Board Chair
- Michael Graham, S.J. – President of Xavier University and community and racial equity advocate
- O’Dell Moreno Owens – President and CEO of Interact for Health, healthcare pioneer, leader, and advocate
Watch our 2021 Lions Roar on WLWT Channel 5 and METV!
April 8 *Premiere – 7 p.m. on WLWT
April 10 – 7:30 p.m. on WLWT
April 11 – 4:30 a.m. on WLWT
April 11 – 11 p.m. on METV
April 12 – 12:30 p.m. on WLWT
Please consider honoring a lion by donating to the Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio. Text “UL Donate” to 797979 or visit our website at www.ulgso.org. For more information about the Lions Ceremony, contact Gina Goings at (513) 888-7874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Urban League of Greater Southwestern Ohio
Our mission is to transform generations by promoting personal empowerment and economic self-sufficiency. The Urban League combines two divisions: Greater Cincinnati Urban League and the Miami Valley Urban League. Together, we serve 12 counties from Northern Kentucky to Dayton, Ohio. Visit our website at www.ulgso.org and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.