- This event has passed.
Hamilton County Relief-A-Thon
June 25 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Woodlawn Community Center
Need assistance in paying Covid-related utility, rent and mortgage costs? The Hamilton County Relief-A-Thon can help!
The Hamilton County Relief-A-Thon takes place on Saturday, June 25, 2022, at the Woodlawn Community Center from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Families can apply to receive money to pay past-due utility bills, past-due and future rent, past-due mortgages and past-due property taxes.
Hamilton County received funds from the 2021 American Rescue Plan Act to assist residents to avoid utility shutoffs, tenants to avoid evictions and owner-occupants to avoid foreclosure. The assistance program is designed to keep renters in their houses or apartments and avoid a downward spiral as a result of pandemic financial losses.
This event offers free parking. The final registration will take place at 2 p.m. Save time and complete this form online.
- Have State-issued identification
- Have a valid email address
- Be a Hamilton County resident
- Have an income loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic
|Assistance Caps||Mortgage Arrears: 6 months|
Utility Arrears: 6 months
Property Taxes Arrears: 6 months
Mortgage Current/Future: None
|Rent Arrears: 12 months|
Rent Late Fees: 12 months
Rent Current/Future: 3 months
Utilities: 12 months arrears
|Dates||Effective Date 3/13/2020||March 2020|
|Income Guidelines||300% FPL||80% AMI|
If eligible, services may include:
- 12 months’ arrears for utilities and rent
- 3 months’ future rent
- 6 months arrears for utilities, mortgage, and property taxes
- Vaccinations/Boosters for adults and children
What to Expect:
One-on-one assistance to:
- Determine eligibility
- Complete applications
Come prepared with these necessary documents:
- State-issued identification
- Current income documentation
- Statement of how the Hamilton County resident was affected by COVID. Just say what happened. Sign and date it.
- Water/electric statements showing name, address, account number and amount owed
- Statement showing currently owed rent/rent arrears or mortgage/mortgage arrears
About Hamilton County Job & Family Services:
Hamilton County Job and Family Services administers state, federal and local programs designed to help those in need and help families work toward self-sufficiency. The agency has served Hamilton County since 1947. Today, the approximately 850 employees that work for the agency serve hundreds of thousands of Hamilton County residents.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 797979.