- This event has passed.
HIV/AIDS and COVID-19 Test, Protect and Vaccinate
June 27 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
To celebrate National HIV Testing Day, My Test, My Way, IV-CHARIS is excited to host a joint testing initiative with Hamilton County Test and Protect to provide free HIV/AIDS and COVID-19 testing as well as free COVID-19 vaccines to the greater Cincinnati community.
HIV/AIDS counseling, testing and referral services
Free HIV Counseling, Testing and Referral Services:
Free HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) Testing Procedures:
- An oral swab will be swiped along the top and bottom of the gumline
- The swab sample is put into an HIV testing device
- HIV test results available within 20 minutes
- Confirmatory HIV testing is available if results are reactive or HIV positive
According to the latest AIDSVu Report (2018), the number of people living with HIV (infected) in Hamilton County was 2943 – 77.4 percent were men and 58.6 percent were Black. In the greater Cincinnati area, African Americans are both high risk and at risk of being exposed to HIV. Get tested and know your HIV status!
Free COVID-19 Testing:
University of Cincinnati Health Early Intervention Program, Hamilton County Test and Protect partner, will administer the COVID-19 testing.
Free COVID-19 testing procedures:
- A Q-tip-like swab is inserted into the nose for 15 seconds. The swabbing can be stopped upon request, like a flu test.
- The sample is sent to the lab for testing.
- The Nasopharyngeal (NP) COVID-19 test used has a 70 to 80 percent sensitivity. Results can be expected in two to four days and can be viewed at KnowNow. Those who test positive for COVID-19 will receive a telephone call.
Free COVID-19 Vaccines:
Sterling Rapid Response will administer COVID-19 vaccinations. To ensure an ample supply of vaccines is available, unvaccinated persons who wish to be vaccinated are strongly encouraged to sign up by Friday, June 25.
For more information about National HIV Testing Day or to register for a free COVID-19 vaccine, contact St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church in Mt. Healthy at 513-728-3600 or email with your complete name firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV-CHARIS looks forward to seeing you at the 2021 HIV/AIDS and COVID-19 Test, Protect and Vaccinate event. Before you arrive, know what to expect when getting a COVID-19 vaccine. Honoring your COVID-19 vaccine appointment is appreciated.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 797979.