Juneteenth Cincinnati Festival
June 20, 2020 - June 21, 2020
Seasongood Pavilion, Eden ParkFREE
The photo is user submitted.
Are you ready for the 33rd Annual Juneteenth Cincinnati festival? Mark your calendars.
Juneteenth’s literal historical roots are in Texas, but it is largely popular across the country as an occasion to celebrate one of the most important events in American history – the end of slavery. Join the celebration during Juneteenth Cincinnati 2020.
The festival is free and includes many attractions for all ages. Also, it will feature diverse, family-
The schedule for Juneteenth Cincinnati is as follows:
Saturday, June 20
– Parade of African diaspora flags throughout the festival
– Two stages of music (blues, jazz, R&B, and Latin Jazz,)
– Drumlines and praise and African dance showcase
– Activities and free books for children
– Performances reflecting the shared heritage of American, Caribbean, and Latin cultures
Sunday, June 21
– Father’s Day concert
– Liturgical dancers, groups, and soloists
About Juneteenth Cincinnati
Although July 4th marks the American colonies’ 1776 declaration of independence from Britain, the Founding Fathers did not include America’s enslaved people among “all men” who had been “created equal.” As a result, the creation of the modern African Diaspora in the Americas is largely the result of a tumultuous period in world history. Due to this, it took a bloody Civil War and Constitutional amendments to end slavery. Juneteenth celebrates the issuance of emancipation almost a century after the Declaration of Independence.
Also, the tradition began in 1988 as a neighborhood festival in Kennedy Heights,