- This event has passed.
Friends of St. Andrew’s Benefit Gospel Concert
October 5, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
Xavier University Cintas Center$20
© [DenisProduction.com ] /Adobe Stock
Tickets for the St. Andrew’s Cincinnati Gospel Concert are only $20.
Join St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church and friends for a wonderful evening of Gospel music. Many have heard these artists sing all over Cincinnati. Don’t miss out. Come feel the spirit!
Tickets for this Cincinnati Gospel concert are $20 can be purchased at the door. Cash and credit cards will be accepted.
The Master of Ceremonies will be none other than Mr. Henry Benefield himself.
Performances will include:
– Church of the Resurrection Choir
– Ed ‘Sax’ Thomas
– New Jerusalem Baptist Church Choir
– Men of Faith
– The New Spiritual Brothers
– The Professionals featuring Ms. Anita Blue
– New Missionary Baptist Mass Choir
About St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
A portion of ticket sales and money donated to this event will go to the St. Andrew’s Capital Campaign Fund. Like many other churches in the Cincinnati area, St. Andrew’s is need of extra funds to help renovate the building, to keep it up to code.
People in the community of Evanston and members of the congregation that live outside of the neighborhood regularly come to St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church for worship on Sundays. Their Food Pantry is open throughout the week providing canned food, clothes and more to those in need. During the summer, a reading camp is held for children in the third grade to prepare them for their fourth-grade year and testing. The church also brings support to it’s featured community events The Gloria Turnage Book Fair and First Ladies of Health Day to Evanston Recreation Center.
History of St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church
St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church was admitted into the union with Convention of the Diocese of Southern Ohio on February 8, 1895. That was over 100 years ago. Records show that Bishop Boyd Vincent laid the cornerstone of St. Andrew’s Church on May 24, 1915, on the corners of 8th & Mound.
In 1959, 1960 and 1961, during the period of transition, the city of Cincinnati purchased the 8th & Mount Street building to make way for their Urban Renewal, I-71 expressway. The parish with Diocesan guidance purchased the present building at 1809 Rutland Avenue from the Evanston Baptist Church, to which we moved in the fall of 1961. On October 21, 1962, St. Andrew’s was dedicated.