United Way of Greater Cincinnati
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Posted Date: 05/19/2023
Apply today as an Accounting Associate for the United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
About the United Way of Greater Cincinnati
United Way of Greater Cincinnati is a registered 501c3 nonprofit that builds solutions while aligning systems to help families in our community thrive. We bring people and organizations together to solve problems, using family input and data to make decisions.
Our services and solutions focus on quality education, health, and basic needs, which are the building blocks of financial independence and economic opportunity.
United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC) has an immediate opening for an Accounting Associate to provide accounting and financial oversight for federal and non-federal grants. Provide accounting support and processing of disbursements.
- Provide accounting and financial oversight for federal and non-federal grants, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Provide accounting assistance with grant applications.
- Process grants by (1) reviewing grant documentation including application, budget, award letter(s), specific grant requirements, etc., and (2) communicating with the grant manager and other parties as appropriate.
- Research and review OMB circulars and other regulations associated with federal and non-federal funding to ensure compliance with federal and state requirements.
- Maintain finance/accounting infrastructure and processes necessary for ongoing grant monitoring/reporting, including assistance with preparing and applying approved federal indirect cost rates.
- Provide training and technical support related to grants, including maintenance of grant policies/procedures, sub-recipient training, and acting as a resource to grant managers and other UWGC departments, agency partners, and sub-recipients related to compliance requirements.
- Provide ongoing grant monitoring/reporting in compliance with grant requirements, including drawdowns, budget vs. actual expenditures review, non-federal matches, sub-recipient monitoring, and formal grant reporting to funders as required.
- Assist with coordinating the A-133 and other audit requirements.
- Audit and review disbursements, including credit cards. Perform data entry and processing within deadlines.
- Maintain and review charts of accounts and vendor master files. Maintain IRS Form W-9 and vendor data forms. Prepare, review, and submit federal forms 1099s and 1096s.
- Maintain accounts payables records.
- Verify banking information is correct.
- Research and respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Audit and review expense reimbursements.
- Provide training to UWGC staff regarding accounting policies and procedures.
- Propose modifications to UWGC expense reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Provide written annual updates of key expense reimbursement policies and procedures.
- Maintain updated policies and procedures.
- Provide support for other special tasks.
- Prepare audit work papers. Respond to auditor inquiries and provide supporting documentation.
- Associate degree in accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum two-three years’ experience with federal grants and previous accounting experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and generally accepted auditing standards (GAAS).
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting preferred.
- Proficiency in essential Microsoft Word and intermediate Excel.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary starts at $55,000 plus a competitive benefits package.
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: