After Hours Intake Worker
Hamilton County Jobs & Family Services
Compensation: $20.99 / Hour
Apply today as an After Hours Intake Worker for Hamilton County Jobs & Family Services.
After Hours Intake Worker
As an After Hours Intake Worker, you will support children and families by keeping children safe and advocating for families. We offer a comprehensive training program for all new hires, including classroom training, shadowing, virtual reality experience, coaching, and engagement with our regional training center.
This is a critical role that directly impacts the outcomes of the children and families whom we serve. This role may be a good fit if you excel in interpersonal communication, problem-solving, and enjoy fast-paced work environments.
- Responds in the field by the report’s priority and mandated time frames. Conducts interviews with all children in the household of assessment, parent/caregiver(s), and alleged maltreater(s) to decide on child safety.
- The assessment shall include pertinent information collection from all parties regarding alleged maltreatment, surrounding circumstances, adult and child functioning, parenting practices, and discipline to ensure an accurate safety determination. Visits are conducted in homes, schools, hospitals, and other community settings as required.
- Completes intake assessment of reports alleging child maltreatment by telephone and face-to-face contact. Collects sufficient information regarding the alleged maltreatment, surrounding circumstances, adult and child functioning, parenting practices, and discipline. Utilizes interpersonal skills to professionally and respectfully engage individuals in sharing behaviorally specific and detailed information. Responsible for information collection through hospitals, law enforcement, etc., to complete an assessment of child safety. Completes intake assessment on reports of elder abuse and neglect by telephone and face-to-face contact.
- Researches previous agency history, criminal history, court involvement, and other applicable information, providing a comprehensive summary for all individuals associated with the report. Maintain written documentation of assessment activities.
- Clinically evaluates information obtained, creating a screening recommendation by identifying the presence or absence of Present or Impending Danger threats or alleged maltreatment and a need for agency involvement. Review the presence or absence of safety threat(s) in consultation with the Intake Supervisor. Implement necessary safety interventions when applicable.
- Prepares Request for Legal Action and provides court testimony.
- Completes appropriate jurisdictional referrals to other Public Child Welfare or law enforcement agencies as required. Participates in required Unit Meetings and Agency Trainings as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required. Attends required training and unit meetings.
- Knowledge of: ORC/OAC relevant to Children’s Services Practice, Intake & Screening Policy, and Procedure*; office practices and procedures; agency policies and procedures; government structure and process;* interviewing; child welfare practices and procedures; safety decision making.
- Skill in: Strength-based approach when engaging children and families; interpretation and application of training, instructional, and procedural materials; professionally handling crisis and stressful situations.
- Ability to Professionally and respectfully communicate, analyze, and draw conclusions from informed information collection; understand manuals and verbal instructions technical in nature; prepare meaningful, concise, and accurate written reports; handle sensitive inquiries from and contacts with officials and the general public; maintain confidentially, work cooperatively with other agency staff and supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services-related field or
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and two (2) years of work experience in a human service-related occupation. A bachelor’s or Master’s in a human services-related field would be required within five years.
- OR Master’s degree in Social Work OR Human Services related degree
- Must have a car, a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency, and required auto liability insurance.
- Must have cell phone availability during working hours (Cell phone stipend eligible)
- Applicants for Hamilton County Job and Family Services positions are subject to background screening.
- Lift and carry children, child car seats, and infant carriers.
- Frequently walk to and from court.
- Fequently climbing and descending stairs.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Fequently stooping, bending, crouching.
- Frequently lift and carry large case files and occasionally push a cart containing case files.
- Potentially hazardous/dangerous situations that could involve upset/violent clients
- Animals or insects in family homes.
- This position requires some tasks that must be completed in the HCJFS offices, court, or field; it is not eligible for full-time telework.
- 11 Paid Holidays, Immediately Begin Accruing Paid Vacation and Sick Time, Earned Personal Days, and Paid Parental Leave.
- Ohio Public Employee Retirement System includes a 14% Employer Contribution AND a defined benefit option.
- Highly Competitive and Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, HRA, Dental, Vision, Employer-Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility, Free On-Site Parking, Wellness Incentives, robust Employee Assistance Program, access to Free Medical and Rx through Marathon Health, plus expansive Behavioral and Mental Health Resources, and More.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: