Business Administration Instructor
Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Compensation: $43,000 - $51,780
Posted Date: 02/28/2023
Apply to be a Business Administration Instructor at Gateway Community & Technical College today.
About Gateway Community & Technical College
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region – part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution.
The college offers high-quality, targeted education to meet students’ personal and professional needs and contribute to the region’s economic development.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution. We are committed to creating a campus environment that values exploring, appreciating, and celebrating diversity while promoting inclusiveness, multiculturalism, and global awareness.
Business Administration Instructor
This 12-month faculty member will teach 15 credit hours per semester, support activities including various community involvement events, promote enrollment growth, develop strong business partnerships, and build a bridge between our students and industry.
This position also includes responsibilities in student advising, advisory board committee participation, and other assigned duties.
- Teach 15 credit hours in business administration or, where possible, information systems courses.
- Advise a caseload of business administration students.
- Facilitate instruction using multiple modalities (in-person, hybrid, and online).
- Post and maintain office hours.
- Participate in the assessment of course and program student learning outcomes.
- Assist in departmental functions, including attending advisory committee meetings, maintaining relations with industry partners, and prospective student recruitment activities.
- Maintain certifications to teach assigned courses where appropriate.
- Participate in the life of the college through internal service opportunities.
- Represent the college through external service opportunities in the community.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; and assume leadership roles where appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration (or a relevantly similar field) or equivalent
- Hold current Microsoft Office Specialist certification or be willing to obtain one.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Willingness to adjust learning methodologies that best fit our student’s needs (i.e., Hands-
- On/Active Learning) and to learn new methods of teaching.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels and external business and community partners throughout the internal college environment.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
Compensation & Benefits
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family.
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
- Vacation/Sick Time.
- Work-Life Balance.
- 9.5 Paid Holidays.
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions.
- Employee Assistance Program.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: