Case Manager-Support Administrator
Hamilton County DDS
1520 Madison Road
Cincinnati OH 45206
Compensation: $45,240 - $56,550
Posted Date: 08/21/2023
Apply today as a Case Manager-Support Administrator for Hamilton County DDS.
About Hamilton County DDS
Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services (HCDDS) is a government social services agency established by state law. For over 50 years, HCDDS has provided support and services to thousands of individuals with developmental disabilities (DD). Each year, we support about 7,300 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout their lives by providing case management while funding services our community partners provide.
“People we serve come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to empower the potential of every team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong.”
Case Manager-Support Administrator
A typical day in the life of an SSA includes being out in the field meeting with individuals on your caseload. You might meet at their home, a coffee shop, one of our offices, or where ever the individual is most comfortable. You will also make phone calls from the iPhone we provide and attend Zoom meetings with others on your team or service providers to organize resources for your individuals served.
- Facilitates and assists the individual and family in developing a single service plan; assigns or clarifies responsibilities among team members, providers, and community resources; sets goals and action plans for implementation.
- Assists individuals and families in identifying and selecting services and support and in obtaining and maintaining benefits; coordinates and facilitates the planning, provision of services, supports, and documentation of an overall service delivery plan; funding and other services; assists individuals and families in selecting providers.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for assigned individuals and families; participates as a member of the individual’s interdisciplinary team when acting as a technical resource.
- With supervisory support, assures that all required documentation is completed and maintained promptly and accurately, consistent with all regulatory requirements (federal and state laws, Agency policy).
- Monitors the individual plan for compliance and quality in service delivery; communicates rights to individuals.
- Prepares case notes, reports, evaluations, and summaries; maintains confidentiality of individual files.
- Collaborates with other staff to problem solve; identify resources and gaps in service provisions.
- Complies with guidelines established by DODD and HCDDS regarding reporting abuse, neglect, and other Major Unusual Incidents (MUI) incidents.
- Attends meetings, seminars, and conferences to develop knowledge of current best practices; participates in division, Agency, local, and state meetings as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintains required licenses and certifications.
- Travels to various locations throughout the county for service planning and monitoring safely, efficiently, and effectively by agency procedures.
- Works a flexible and rotating on-call schedule; responds to emergency/crisis situations involving eligible individuals; provides backup coverage for other staff in their absence; works nights and weekends as required to provide necessary services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; a degree in psychology, special education, human services, or related field preferred.
- Eligible for Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) SSA certification.
- One year experience working with individuals with Developmental Disabilities in a vocational, residential, case management, or treatment program or equivalent.
- Meets Agency’s driver’s insurability requirements.
- Ideal candidates for Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services:
- Have a passion for improving others’ lives, demonstrated through superior customer service.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and an appreciation for the work behind providing social services to the community.
- Value a purpose-driven culture, supportive team members, and organizational commitment to growth and innovation.
Compensation & Benefits
- 36.25-hour work week, generally between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. *Work hours may vary, including being on-call and working evenings & weekends.
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work-from-home options.
- Starting salary range: $45,240.00 to $56,550.00 (determined by applicable years of experience).
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, H.R.A., Dental, Vision, Employer-Paid Life Insurance,
- Tuition Reimbursement and Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility.
- Wellness Incentives, robust Employee Assistance Plan, access to Free Medical and Rx through Marathon Health, and more.
- Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System includes a 10% employee contribution and a 14% employer contribution.
- Service and Support Administrator (SSA).
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: August 29, 2023
For more information or to apply: