City of Cincinnati, Office of Environment and Sustainability
801 Plum Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
Job Type: Hourly, Part-Time, Apprenticeship
Compensation: $15 / Hour
Posted Date: 01/12/2024
Apply today for an OES Fellowship for the City of Cincinnati in the Office of Environmental and Sustainability.
City OES Fellowship
The City of Cincinnati’s Office of Environment and Sustainability (OES) is excited to announce a part-time Career Pathways Initiative (CPI) Fellow role for 2024! This team member will play a key role in supporting the implementation of the Green Cincinnati Plan (GCP) as we work together to build a more sustainable, equitable, and resilient Cincinnati.
OES seeks a young professional between 18 and 24 interested in gaining experience in public sector environmental efforts. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, dependable, mission-driven, and positive team player, as they will be supporting the execution of key departmental priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The role will be based in City Hall, with some duties occurring off-site regularly. Access to personal transportation is required.
- Facilitates well-established and documented programming.
- Supports launch and execution of pilot programs.
- Gathers updates and shares communications on behalf of the department.
- Attends community outreach events to represent the department.
- Answers communications, questions, and complaints by email, phone, or in person.
- Maintains updated public communication tools.
- Be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or a non-citizen with proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Submit a City job application, including a resume and cover letter.
- Due to the focus of the Career Pathways Initiative (CPI) Fellowship, priority for selection will be given to candidates who live within the city limits, graduated from Cincinnati Public Schools, and have prior Youth 2 Work employment experience with the City. This is based on the program design and goals, but all candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: February 2, 2024
For more information or to apply: