Client Services Specialist
Hamilton County Juvenile Court
800 Broadway St
Cincinnati OH 45202
Compensation: $22.00 / Hour
Posted Date: 02/07/2024
Apply today as a Client Services Specialist for Hamilton County Juvenile Courts.
Client Services Specialist
The Client Services Specialist is crucial in managing client interactions, maintaining order in the lobby area, and handling administrative tasks. This position requires interpersonal skills, organizational abilities, and adaptability to occasional outdoor work.
- Greets clients and members of the public entering the Assessment Center.
- References the computer to see what the client is scheduled.
- Provides instructions about what to do while waiting, including giving proper paperwork to complete, starting assessment instructions, etc.
- Notifies appropriate staff that their client is present.
- Actively manages behavior in the lobby area, using verbal techniques to de-escalate behaviors as needed.
- Provides supervision to youth brought to the Assessment Center by Law Enforcement.
- Conducts security checks of the interior and exterior of the building.
- Proficiently performs clerical duties such as typing, filing, scanning documents, mailing documents, and more, as assigned.
- Provides secondary backup to the Unofficial Case Coordinator in taking filings and phone calls.
- Works on projects needed within Special Projects or with other Court departments.
- Contact parties to complete screenings for Court Ordered Supervised Visitation.
- Liaison between Best Point Family Visitation Center and the Court for Court-Ordered Supervised Visitation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- High school diploma or GED and five years of related work experience.
- Must be 21 or older.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess auto liability insurance.
- The use of a personal automobile may be required to perform some field activities.
- Must pass a background screening process.
- Three years’ experience with Juvenile Court – Preferred.
- Diversion, Equity, and Inclusion experience – Preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
- Must possess analytical skills/abilities, which include the ability to assess a situation, seek multiple perspectives, and, if necessary, gather more information to arrive at an appropriate solution.
- Must possess clerical/administrative skills/abilities, which include the ability to operate basic office equipment;
- Must possess computer/technical skills/abilities, which include the ability to use a computer and Microsoft Windows (i.e., Word and Excel) and the ability to use applicable databases.
- Must possess written and oral communication skills/abilities, which include the ability to communicate professionally, courteously, and effectively in person, in writing, and over the phone; Ability to establish and maintain positive, professional working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other Court personnel, and clients including youth.
- Must possess job knowledge of departmental policies and procedures and Juvenile Court personnel policies and procedures.
Special Working Conditions
- Employees work indoors and are protected from weather conditions or contaminants, but not necessarily occasional temperature changes.
- Employees work outdoors and may not be protected from weather conditions.
- Exposure to individuals who may be unruly at times.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: