Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Compensation: $41,000 - $59,000
Posted Date: 04/19/2023
Apply today as a Clinical Therapist for SAFY.
At SAFY, our mission is Preserving Families & Securing Futures. For over 35 years, our work has rested on a single, radical idea – children belong in families. We believe every child and family deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential.
We are an extraordinary team of 500 employees in seven states providing services such as Family Preservation & Reunification, Behavioral Health, Therapeutic Foster Care, Adoption Services, and Older Youth Services so the families and children we serve can build resilience and thrive.
As a Clinical Therapist, you will provide a range of moderately complex clinical services (diagnostic assessment, treatment planning, interventions, individual, and family therapy, etc.) with children, adolescents, and identified adults.
- Administer, score, and interpret assessment instruments.
- Complete any identified diagnostic assessments. Develop and implement Service Plan based on assessments; Provide ongoing mental health/clinical services as needed or required by contract; Maintain client documentation.
- Services are provided at frequency, intensity, and duration appropriate to prevent placement or achieve reunification. Services are tailored to each family’s needs, problems, strengths, lifestyle, and culture. Work effectively in teams to coordinate services and programming for families and children.
- Develop/maintain consultative and liaison relationships with catchments area caregivers (e.g., schools, human services agencies, etc.) to cultivate work relations, provide consultative services and promote the coordination and development of mental health services.
- Establish mutually respectful rapport and implements interventions necessary to meet the needs of client/collaterals; appropriately set limits and maintain a helping role as a Mental Health practitioner.
- May be trained in Medicaid billing for in-home clients.
- On-Call is required – additional compensation will be provided.
- Maintain accurate and professional documentation in content and appearance as required for each assigned case.
- Submit written reports to the supervisor and other parties as required, timely and accurately, regarding each family’s case progress.
- Prepare comprehensive reports that adequately convey the necessary information for interpretation and decision-making. Maintaining client files in a current status is essential to this position.
Education & Experience
- LSW/LPC license in Ohio is required. LISW/LPCC preferred
- Intensive Home Based Therapist (IHBT) preferred
- A Master’s degree in social work, psychology, sociology, child & family studies, or counseling is required.
- 2-3 years of experience in mental health/therapeutic intervention with children, adolescents, and families.
- Experience with best practice models of clinical application preferred
- Experience working with severe behavioral issues and psychiatric diagnoses within individuals and the family system.
Compensation & Benefits
- Targeted hiring range: $41,000 – $59,000
- $4,000 sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefit plan options, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and flexible spending account options
- 401(k) Retirement plan with company match
- 12 paid holidays per year and generous sick & vacation time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Referral bonus program
- Leave donation program
- Professional Development & reimbursement for outside clinical supervision
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company-paid cell phone or stipend
- Daily access to your earned wages through Zayzoon
- Performance Bonus Potential
SAFY commits to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment as an equal employment opportunity employer. SAFY does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, arrest record, conviction record, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy covers all programs, services, policies, and procedures of SAFY, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, and administering all personnel actions, such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, or terminations.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: