Community Development Project Manager
3017 Harrison Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45211
Job Type: Full-Time, Contractor
Compensation: $40,000 - $55,000
Posted Date: 01/11/2024
Apply today as a Community Development Project Manager for Westwood Works.
Community Development Project Manager
Oversee all real estate acquisition and development phases for housing, commercial and mixed-use spaces, revitalization, and other projects that improve the neighborhood’s vitality and the organization’s assets.
The primary role is identifying and managing real estate deals, identifying and managing applications for public and private funding, building scope and budgets for projects, and managing projects from conception to completion. This role is currently working from home, with frequent on-site requirements for meetings and project management.
Real Estate Development, Improvement, and Preservation Efforts
- Develop and implement plans for real estate development projects, including
rehabilitation of existing buildings, new construction, and commercial projects. The
project priority list should be developed with the Board of Directors and the Executive
Director. The planned development should complement the neighborhood plan and
reasonably align with other neighborhood organizations and community feedback.
- Manage construction of commercial spaces, the design and development process,
financing, bidding, contractors, inspections, submitting draw paperwork, appraisals, and
zoning reviews or modifications.
- Research and secure funding to support feasibility, site acquisition, pre-development,
construction, and financing the development phase.
- Manage assets of the organization, responding to both urgent and long-term concerns
surrounding owned buildings and vacant lots.
- Identify and manage projects that will become revenue streams for the organization
and support the economic vitality of the neighborhood.
- Communicate on projects with other neighborhood organizations like Westwood Civic
- Complete and manage development-related grant applications from private funders
and city, State, and Federal programs.
- Identify, recruit, and provide technical assistance to businesses targeted to locate and
expand in each neighborhood.
- Monitor available spaces for lease or sale in the business district and surrounding
neighborhood and recruit potential tenants, both residential and commercial.
- Assist businesses in navigating City programs, regulations, and other processes while
improving the look and feel of the district.
- Manage and maintain public infrastructure improvements in the commercial corridor (streetscaping, signs, bike racks, etc.).
- Work with partners to conduct market analysis studies for infrastructure and housing.
- Create and maintain sustainable marketing and coordination plans for businesses in the
neighborhood business district.
- Provide written and photographic updates on progress as needed for marketing and
- Work with the Executive Directors to address long-term development strategies.
- Maintain a listing of State, federal, and local economic development incentives available
to assist with initiatives.
- Assist the organization in tracking and mapping valuable real estate and census data.
- Attend Board meetings and retreats when requested.
- Hold community engagement sessions and create online surveys to gather community
- Attend and participate in community organization programs and meetings outside of
regular business hours on occasion.
- Provide a detailed weekly report to the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning (preferred), architecture, or real estate-related
degree (extensive experience and training may substitute).
- Background in community planning, community development, or economic
development with an understanding of construction processes and timelines.
- Substantial knowledge of real estate finance, local Cincinnati market, economic
development finance, grant programming, and available City/State programs and
- Solid time management skills: ability to handle multiple projects, problem solve, meet
deadlines, and function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to visit construction sites/hard hat areas, maneuver on uncompleted floor
surfaces, among construction materials and debris, and climb stairs and ladders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and basic GSuite
- Experience working in Adobe and CAGIS.
- Occasional evenings and weekend hours are required.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith,
economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
- An understanding and appreciation of the mission of the organization in maintaining a
diverse, inclusive Westwood.
- Personable, positive, and enthusiastic attitude; capable of dealing effectively and
professionally with internal and external audiences; team-oriented with a passion for
- Reliable transportation is required.
The salary for this position will range between $40,000-$55,000 depending on the
candidate’s qualifications, experience, and agreed-upon number of hours.
About the Company
Westwood Works is a not-for-profit asset-based community development corporation located
in Cincinnati’s largest neighborhood, Westwood. Just outside of downtown Cincinnati,
Westwood has seen an incredible transformation over the last decade thanks to neighborhood groups’ tireless
community development efforts.
Since 2009, Westwood Works
has been responsible for community activation initiatives through free events, public art, and
mini-grants to fund local projects.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: