Greater Cincinnati Foundation
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Posted Date: 03/17/2023
Apply today to be the Content Manager at Greater Cincinnati Foundation.
The Content Manager is responsible for internal and external content creation to tell the story of Greater Cincinnati Foundation’s (GCF) overall mission and impact to advance our community leadership work and commitment to addressing equity and inclusion issues.
The Content Manager will require high creativity and storytelling skills to support an innovative and integrated content strategy implemented through multiple channels, including print and digital. The position will also require attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with GCF’s leadership, the rest of the organization, and external partners to facilitate a deeper understanding of long-term priorities and initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce multimedia content, including videos with internal and external talent, to promote GCF’s community leadership work, major growth initiatives, and impact stories.
- Develop and execute a social media content strategy to tell GCF’s story.
- Support the marketing team by implementing marketing plans, creating content, and executing projects.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization and with external partners to develop compelling visual and creative storylines.
- Use storytelling skills to develop, write and create collateral for the annual report, e-newsletter, press releases, social media, and other various forms of content as needed.
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments as it relates to marketing needs.
- Track and manage project deliverables, ensuring on-time delivery.
- Apply expert project management skills to establish and reorder priorities as needed to accommodate the dynamic nature of our work.
- Attend GCF events and sponsored community events and take photos and videos for social media and other purposes.
- Manage the execution of photo and video release forms for on-screen talent.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have a passion for telling the story of the Foundation’s mission to advance our community leadership work and commitment to addressing equity and inclusion issues.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in communications, content generation, public relations, and nonprofit marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, public relations, or design field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in professional content creation for various social media platforms.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent project management mindset and skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships with foundation staff, colleagues, news media, donors, consultants, volunteers, and various community members.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, take the initiative, and be an influential team member.
- Strong attention to detail and good follow-through on tasks
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: