Immigrant & Refugee Law Center
Compensation: $80,000 - $85,000
Posted Date: 08/18/2023
Apply today as a Development Director for the Immigrant & Refugee Law Center.
About the Immigrant & Refugee Law Center
The Immigrant and Refugee Law Center (IRLC) is a unique and fast-growing nonprofit organization that provides pro bono immigration legal services to low-income immigrant and refugee families in the greater Cincinnati area. We are growing our dynamic team.
At a time of significant growth, IRLC seeks a development director to 1) build upon our fundraising success, 2) leverage and grow a strong donor base, 3) expand our grants base locally, regionally, and nationally, and 4) lead efforts to secure the revenue needed to evolve our programming. Reporting to and in partnership with the executive director, the development director will spearhead development efforts as IRLC grows. A new position in the organization, the director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
- In close partnership with the executive director, develop and execute IRLC’s annual fundraising plan to include: 1) major gifts, 2) foundation giving (local, regional, and federal), 3) corporate giving, 4) planned giving, and 5) special events.
- Work closely with the executive director and board of directors to develop and implement strategies that align with the organization’s mission and values and meet the organization’s revenue goals.
- Identify and cultivate major gift prospects and foundation and corporate donors.
- Implement clear plans for stewarding, retaining, and increasing support from existing donors, and identify and cultivate prospective donors, leveraging the executive director and board members where they can add the most value.
- Implement IRLC’s current grant writing plan, including developing/tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising; continue researching and identifying new prospects.
- Oversee the organization of special events that engage donors and raise funds.
- Build out a development communications calendar and produce donor-facing communications to include: 1) newsletters, 2) pitch decks, 3) reports, 4) written appeals, and 5) other materials.
- Leverage data, impact stories, and insights on immigration issues in communications, marketing, PR, and fundraising.
- Recruit and oversee communications interns and support.
- Oversee the compilation of IRLC’s annual impact report.
- Manage the constituent relationship management system (Salesforce) implementation and ensure proper data entry and gift processing.
- Establish key metrics with the executive director to ensure development, marketing, and PR goal attainment.
- A strong commitment to social justice and the mission of IRLC.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, with a proven track record of success in major gifts, foundation and corporate giving, special events, and cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual and institutional supporters.
- Experience in grant prospecting, writing, tracking, and reporting.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills, with a strong ability to articulate compelling arguments for donors.
- Excellent written skills, including the ability to write compelling donor communications and marketing materials.
- Thoughtful relationship builder who develops rapport easily.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, board members, and volunteers.
- Experience with fundraising software and donor databases; Salesforce is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary based on experience ranges between $80,000 – $85,000. Benefits include flexible paid time off, flexible schedule, health care reimbursement, and the potential for hybrid/remote work. In addition, a retirement plan is being designed to launch on 1/1/2024. Plus, a fabulous, fun, and supportive team.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to: Anne M. Maxfield, development consultant, at [email protected].
ALL candidates’ cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed, and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Anne. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication.
IRLC reserves the right to adjust the following timeline:
- August 6, 2023, until the position is filled.
- Phase I:
- Zoom Screening Interviews with Anne Maxfield through 9/5/2023
- Phase II:
- In-person interviews with IRLC’s executive director through 9/8/2023
- Phase III:
- Final interview and presentation the week of September 18, 2023
- Hire Date:
- Mid-late October 2023
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: