Director of Creative Studios
2460 Gilbert Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45206
Compensation: $50,000 - $70,000
Posted Date: 01/04/2024
Apply today as a Director of Creative Studios for ArtWorks.
Director of Creative Studios
Now in its 27th year, ArtWorks is an award-winning Greater Cincinnati nonprofit that has pioneered public art and economic impact throughout the region to create community-based public art that provides career opportunities for artists of all ages. ArtWorks works alongside community leaders to build civic pride with art that beautifies the region, creating jobs for more than 300 artists annually, including young artists ages 14-24, to earn a living wage.
The economic empowerment and mentorship that ArtWorks provides leads to upward mobility, which is critically important for young people from most under-resourced and underemployed neighborhoods and households. Since 1996, ArtWorks has employed over 4,000 youth and 3,500 creative professionals.
The organization has completed over 14,000 public and private art works, including public sculpture, light-based installations, and more than 300 permanent outdoor murals, contributing to the region’s global reputation as an arts destination. Now headquartered in Walnut Hills, ArtWorks is part of the burgeoning arts district in Cincinnati’s historic second downtown. Learn more at artworkscincinnati.org.
ArtWorks seeks a Director of Creative Services to spearhead the launch and stewardship of revenue-generating studios, diversify creative studio offerings, and lead studio managers and their studio artist teams. This is an exciting opportunity to impact young artists’ lives and careers through a new creative model that will impact the future of ArtWorks.
This role will attract and retain clients and partners to secure studio revenue that achieves and exceeds revenue targets, integrate data-driven impact assessments, maintain operational excellence, and lead creative studio innovation. Additionally, this role will manage Studio Managers, oversee day-to-day operations, foster a collaborative and innovative studio culture, and provide oversight to the Social Enterprise Manager.
This role requires a passion for young adult development and to shape an environment that drives artistic success and leads the professional growth of emerging talents.
Leadership and Vision
- Launch and steward revenue-generating creative studios, pivotal in diversifying our creative offerings and driving the organization’s growth.
- Develop and communicate a compelling vision for the creative service studios, aligning with the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
Client Management and Sales
- Lead the development of client contracts that align with organizational goals.
- Drive sales strategies, aiming to achieve and exceed revenue targets for creative service studios and exhibitions.
- Manage and provide leadership to Studio Managers, overseeing day-to-day operations, project planning, and execution.
- Manage and provide the Social Enterprise Manager leadership to successfully achieve revenue goals.
- Lead operational best practices within creative studios, ensuring optimal efficiency and resource utilization.
- Develop and refine measurement frameworks, evaluation plans, and data collection strategies to assess the impact of creative services and inform continuous improvement.
- Oversee administrative processes to ensure ethical, timely, and budget-compliant project and program management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align creative services with broader organizational goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Director of Creative Projects to assess project viability and program fit, distinguishing between apprentice projects and studio projects.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Commitment to ArtWorks’ mission, values, culture Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Accessibility Plan.
- Proven experience in launching new programs or initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a compelling vision.
- Experience developing client contracts, whether through free-lance experience or at an agency.
- Experience in driving successful sales strategies, achieving and exceeding revenue targets.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in the creative services industry or a related field.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree is required in arts administration, marketing, business, or another related field.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular business hours when needed.
- Experience managing budgets, assigning and monitoring work, and developing plans in alignment with organizational strategy.
Skills & Abilities
- Builds effective relationships through formal and informal networks, internally and externally.
- Ability to interact confidently and persuasively with leaders in business and individuals.
- Champions diversity that recognizes the value of different perspectives and cultures.
- Embraces change by adapting approach and demeanor to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Resourceful in securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Plans and aligns work with organizational goals.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively lead and motivate teams.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and information management systems.
- Adhere to ethical behavior and business practices.
- Be part of an amazing mission and make a mark in transforming the Greater Cincinnati region with public art, building community, and investing in young artists.
- Help build a future home for ArtWorks with a site for permanent art studios, galleries, and event space to build a more vibrant community.
- Be part of a dynamic team that embraces a growth mindset and has fun.
- Be part of a collaborative, creative, and flexible work culture that is people-centered.
- Join a team that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in community-centered work that creates positive change. Please read our full commitment here.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our Newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: