Director of Education
Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Greater Cincinnati
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000
Posted Date: 05/10/2023
Apply today as Director of Education for Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Greater Cincinnati.
About Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Greater Cincinnati
Housing Opportunities Made Equal of Greater Cincinnati (HOME) aims to eliminate unlawful discrimination in housing in the Greater Cincinnati area. HOME advocates and enforces housing regulations for all protected classes and promotes stable, integrated communities.
Director of Education
HOME seeks a dynamic Director of Education to educate community members, housing providers, and other stakeholders on fair housing rights and responsibilities.
This position coordinates and conducts training, develops training curriculums and materials, and works to realize HOME’s overall mission of thriving, integrated communities.
The successful candidate will have strong qualifications and be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to Fair Housing, Civil Rights, client services, community engagement, social justice advocacy, and related community development matters.
- Develop and conduct in-person and virtual fair housing seminars, workshops, and training for public and private audiences by HOME’s mission to eliminate housing discrimination. Training is conducted to meet grant deliverables and case settlements.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a comprehensive community education and outreach plan, including cultivating relationships with industry professionals and community leaders.
- Oversee planning and implementation of educational events, including the annual fair housing luncheon and other events.
- Develop fair housing training materials and content, and assist with developing other communications, including flyers, brochures, PSAs, and other materials as necessary.
- Regularly attend local and national partner meetings and events to network and represent HOME.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent experience in education, marketing, communications, social work, housing industry, or related field. An advanced degree or significant professional experience in education, the housing industry, or a related field is a plus.
- Dynamic and effective public speaking skills for small and large groups.
- Previous education experience, especially in adult education.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including community residents, public and private housing industry professionals, and housing consumers from various backgrounds.
- Strong project management skills, including time management, curriculum development, and grant reporting.
- Must have a strong understanding of local housing issues in frontline & marginalized communities.
- Strong commitment to Fair Housing, civil rights, diversity, inclusion, and equity standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, MS Mail/Exchange, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- Must be able to regularly travel to train at locations around the Greater Cincinnati area (Hamilton, Butler, Clermont Counties).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
- Must be available evenings and weekends as required for training and events.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Compensation & Benefits
$55,000 – $60,000, depending on experience. HOME provides health, vision, and supplemental insurance, retirement benefit match, paid holidays, vacation, and personal leave.
Please send a detailed resume and cover letter. Submit materials to Elisabeth Risch, Executive Director, at [email protected] and include “Director of Education” in the subject line. No phone calls. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. HOME supports affirmative action and is an equal opportunity employer.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: