Director of Facilities
Gateway Community and Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Posted Date: 02/08/2024
Apply today as the Director of Facilities for Gateway Community and Technical College.
Director of Facilities
The Director of Facilities supervises and manages all areas of the custodial maintenance services of the College to ensure proper cleaning of facilities, grounds, maintenance, and repair of all equipment. Oversees planning, procedures, budget, and resource allocation for the multiple Gateway campuses and serves in a consultative capacity for all campuses by providing training, expertise, and human resources as needed.
- Develops and implements effective work procedures and schedules and evaluates work performance of facilities personnel for multiple campuses. Establishes and implements cleaning and sanitization procedures for buildings, floors, furniture, appliances, and surfaces and trains personnel on these procedures for various campuses. Performs personnel management functions in collaboration with the AVP of Facility Management, Vice President of Operations, and the human resources department, including hiring, termination, performance evaluations, weekly payroll approval, staff vacation approvals, training, and recommendations for personnel actions. Plans labor coverage of the facilities to ensure adequate staffing.
- Oversees and ensures the required training of procedures for all facilities employees is provided at all campuses, ensuring all safety requirements are met, and all guidelines established by KCTCS are followed. Researches new techniques and training to improve cleaning and sanitization techniques to promote healthy campuses. Maintains the Safety Data Sheets program.
- Manages job orders from faculty and staff through an M&O ticketing system for completion by facilities personnel, oversees recycling programs for multiple campuses, and supports and assists with sustainability initiatives.
- Performs or assigns minor maintenance functions such as changing light bulbs/ballasts, minor plumbing/electrical issues, and scheduling lighting and HVAC operations.
- Plans and manages supply inventories and distribution for multiple campuses including ordering equipment and parts for proper preventive maintenance and repair of maintenance equipment for multiple Gateway campuses.
- Manages the event room set-up schedule and oversees and directs furniture moving and the overall set up, break down, and cleaning services of such events. Assist the AVP of Facility
- Management will oversee staffing, snow removal in such an event, and all other duties.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent and five years experience
- Must have the required education, five years of management experience in facilities/custodial maintenance and grounds maintenance, and general knowledge of building maintenance trades.
- Must have excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment; excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external community.
- Representing themself professionally and courteously; ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and seven years of experience
- A technical, engineering, or management degree is preferred but is open to a combination of experience and schooling, depending upon the workforce experience.
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Work-Life Balance
- 9.5 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions
Employee Assistance Program
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: