Education Legal Support Professional
Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
Job Type: Hourly, Full-Time
Compensation: $18 / Hour
Posted Date: 05/05/2023
Apply today as an Education Legal Support Professional for the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati.
About the Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati
The Legal Aid Society is southwest Ohio’s largest non-profit law firm dedicated to reducing poverty and ensuring family stability through legal assistance. Legal Aid serves clients in Brown, Butler, Clermont, Clinton, Hamilton, Highland, and Warren Counties in Southwest Ohio.
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati aims to resolve serious legal problems of low-income people, promote economic and family stability, and reduce poverty through effective legal assistance.
Education Legal Support Professional
The Legal Aid Society of Greater Cincinnati and its affiliate (Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio, LLC) seek a full-time Education Legal Support Professional to work in our Cincinnati office. The position provides an opportunity to participate in a team of advocates who promote school success and stability through education advocacy.
- Interview potential clients over the phone or in person as they request assistance from Legal Aid or are referred to us.
- Gather facts and information about legal issues and will enter the information into our case management system.
- Prepare files for cases accepted for representation and will communicate when Legal Aid is unable to provide services.
- Responsible for helping with the Kids in School Rule! Program to support school success for children in foster care, and the TeamChild program to support school success for children in the juvenile justice system.
- Provide direct assistance to some clients under the supervision of an attorney.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in social work or a related field.
- Excellent communication and client-service skills.
- Ability to handle a high daily call and email volume.
- Ability to communicate with all community members, including those in crisis or experiencing trauma.
- Ability to capture information accurately in the case management system while conducting a telephone or in-person interview.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Keyboard and computer competency (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Experience in customer service and working with a low-income population preferred.
- Professional attire (business casual) is required.
Compensation & Benefits
The Legal Aid Society offers a competitive salary starting at $18/hour + depending on experience, excellent benefits, generous PTO, and a professional office work environment.
Applicants should submit all listed items via email to [email protected] with the subject line Education LSP Hiring Committee – LAS059-23:
- A brief cover letter explaining the reasons for their interest in the position.
- A resume.
- The contact information for at least two professional references.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Legal Aid Society offers reasonable accommodations in the hiring and employment process. If you need assistance, you may request an accommodation.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: