Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41012
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Posted Date: 02/14/2023
Apply to be an Educational Technologist at Gateway Community & Technical College today.
About Gateway Community and Technical College
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region – part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution. The college offers high-quality, targeted education to meet students’ personal and professional needs and contribute to the region’s economic development.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution. We are committed to creating a campus environment that values the exploration, appreciation, and celebration of diversity while promoting inclusiveness, multiculturalism, and global awareness.
The Educational Technologist role supports faculty with technical assistance, instructional technology training, L.M.S. support, and online course development. This position requires strong project management skills and a willingness to provide excellent customer service.
- Develops and implements faculty and staff training, consulting, and support for instructional technologies. Coordinates all P.D. for Teaching and Learning Services.
- Supports faculty with integrating technology into their courses. Possesses familiarity with online management systems and up-to-date instructional technologies.
- Assists Instructional Designers with building online courses, performing course copies, and completing quality online course checks.
- Represent Gateway on the Office of Professional Development Peer Team.
- Continuously learns and evaluates emerging technologies for teaching and learning in face-to-face, blended, and online environments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education Technology, Instructional Design, or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Basic technology acumen with working knowledge of Blackboard, rapid authoring tools, web-based tools (such as YouTube), and various instructional technologies that can be deployed in an eLearning environment.
- Possesses familiarity with online management systems and up-to-date instructional technologies.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; great attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing themself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- It is essential that the person in this capacity be proficient in all aspects of computer operation and software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and database knowledge).
- Experience in and understanding working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family.
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
- Vacation/Sick Time.
- Work-Life Balance.
- 9.5 Paid Holidays.
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions.
- Employee Assistance Program.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: