Gateway Community and Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Posted Date: 11/17/2023
Apply today as an ESL Instructor for Gateway Community and Technical College.
- Salary Range: 44,000.00
- Contract Term Length: 12 Months
- Standard Hours: 37.5 (Position will require at least two evenings per week)
- Work Location: On-Site
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- College: Gateway Community & Technical College
- Campus Location: Gateway Boone
- Department: Adult Education
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family.
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
- Vacation/Sick Time.
- Work-Life Balance.
- 9.5 Paid Holidays.
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions.
- Employee Assistance Program.
Provide in-person English as a Second Language classes based on current needs at one or more locations. This could include local businesses, community sites, and Gateway Campuses. Teaching English as a Second Language on campus, and THIS IS NOT A DISTANCE EDUCATION POSITION AND REQUIRES CANDIDATE TO LIVE LOCALLY and be able to drive to the area worksites. The position will require at least two evenings per week, but the schedule will be heavily dependent upon the needs of our workplace partners.
- Teach reading, writing, listening, and speaking in English as a Second Language. The position will teach at least four weekly classes at varying levels and multiple sites. This will include lesson development and the use of online learning systems.
- Manage the data and record-keeping for their ESL students at all locations and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to use a Learning Management System (LMS) to deliver online instruction
- Be able to work well independently and be proficient in the delivery of ESL instruction using a variety of instructional methodologies.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Demands a high level of flexibility as employers and workplace courses will change frequently.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, English as a Second Language or equivalent, and 1 to 2 years experience.
- Master’s degree or equivalent and 3 to 4 years experience.
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
Additional Skills Requested
This person will need to be able to work with varying levels of ESL students in varying classroom locations. They must work independently and proficiently deliver ESL instruction using various instructional methodologies. Course delivery sites will always be subject to demand and interest; thus, a high degree of flexibility is required.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: