Executive Team Administrative Assistant
Greater Cincinnati Foundation
720 E. Pete Rose Way, Suite 120
Cincinnati OH 45202
Posted Date: 03/06/2023
Executive Team Administrative Assistant
Pay Range: $45,000-$51,000
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
• Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
• Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
• Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
GCF’s values are generosity, greater good, equity, trailblazing and growth. Generosity fuels our work. We exist for the greater good in the region, with equity being our North Star. We embrace our role as a leadership organization that requires vision and trailblazing. Maintaining a growth mind allows us to think big and stay driven.
Our dedication to promoting racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are entirely focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment. It is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board – http://www.gcfdn.org/news/5-million-committed-to-racial-justice/
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz – http://www.gcfdn.org/news/join-us-in-solidarity/
The Assistant ensures that the executive team is running at full capacity to achieve its mission by providing comprehensive administrative support and working with internal and external parties to coordinate and execute the various tasks needed to initiate, run and conclude projects.
The Assistant is expected to convey our values in a high-quality, professional, responsive and courteous manner with all constituents, internal and external.
The Assistant reports to the VP, Civic Advancement and directly supports the entire Executive Team, excluding the President/CEO. This position will report to the Senior Administrative Assistant to the CEO, when that position is filled.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position supports the executive team’s operations by executing the administrative tasks below:
• Develop and maintain friendly relationships with partners, stakeholders, donors and others. Respond directly to general information and scheduling requests promptly, accurately and courteously.
• Scheduling of meetings, both internally and externally. For select meetings, this position will be responsible for taking notes, handling/delegating to-do’s that arise in the meeting, updating rosters, etc. This may also include preparing and distributing materials, compiling lists of attendees, maintaining and updating the database, verifying attendance, and drafting minutes.
• Coordinate and maintain the schedules of Executive Team members. Make travel arrangements for out-of-town meetings, conferences, speaking engagements and other matters.
• Manage invitations, catering, logistics, venue/equipment rental and RSVPs to meetings, as needed. Assist with event set up, registration and follow-up for meetings that are initiated by the executive team members. Larger GCF events will be handled by the GCF Events team.
• Handle invoices, expense reports and coding, record keeping, and proactively manage other day-to-day details to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow in the office.
• Covers the First Impressions Coordinator’s (FIC) duties at the Front Desk during the FIC’s Lunches and Departmental Meetings.
• Covering front desk responsibilities as needed to back up the FIC.
• Please note: due to the nature of this position, on-site presence at our office is required five days a week.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Excellent interpersonal skills; Proven ability to provide exemplary, courteous customer service to diverse groups of people.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, in particular strong writing and editing skills for correspondence.
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving, troubleshooting and decision-making capabilities. Demonstrated ability to identify procedural problems or inefficiencies and to recommend and implement improvements.
• Ability to strictly maintain confidential information.
• Proactive professional with strong organizational skills, especially planning, coordination and follow-up. Attention to detail and accuracy is a requirement.
• Ability to make judgments and complete assignments independently, professionally, efficiently and in a timely manner. Ability to manage multiple assignments coming from multiple people.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows, Salesforce and Microsoft Office computer environment and database management.
• Desired personal traits: customer-service oriented, team player, nimble, continuous learner, organized, efficient and enjoys a positive culture filled with talented people who care about our community.
• Sense of humor, positive attitude, growth mindset and an appreciation of the role of philanthropy in building community.
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualifications of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary.
At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented peopled want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
GCF is a Gold Level certified with Ellequate (Formerly Queen City Certified), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
If interested, please apply on our website at www.gcfdn.org/careers
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: