Alcove by MadTree
1410 Vine St
Cincinnati OH 45202
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Compensation: $69,971 - $97,715
Posted Date: 05/18/2023
Apply today as General Manager for Alcove by MadTree.
About Alcove by MadTree
Located at 1400-1410 Vine Street in Cincinnati’s historic Over-the-Rhine district, Alcove will feature MadTree beers, house-made cocktails, and upscale farm-to-table offerings from executive chef Zach Leetch.
Alcove is a nook of nature in the heart of the city, with a series of unique spaces for guests to explore. The main space features a large bar, light-filled lounges, dining areas, and an intimate private dining room for small groups. Connected by expansive windows and doors that run the length of the building, the main space opens to one of the city center’s rare outdoor spaces.
Alcove features a lush outdoor patio space for lounging and dining, which connects to a lively greenhouse bar filled with vibrant plants; herbs growing in the greenhouse will be used in the house-made cocktails. To create an immersive, warm space, MadTree partnered with the non-profit Urban Blooms to fill the space with living walls, chandeliers, and hanging plants.
The Alcove General Manager will focus on providing memorable experiences for all guests by leading, coaching, and developing the best team. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck.
- Achieves guest count, PPA, revenue, and other relevant financial targets by optimizing leadership, service, and offerings and providing the highest levels of uncompromising quality of food and beverage and flawlessly executed steps of service.
- Create an engaging and energetic environment where all employees work as a team to provide an elevated experience for all guests. Strong focus on coaching and development of all managers, supervisors, and frontline staff to deliver exceptional experiences worth sharing.
- Work as a floor manager during assigned shifts to support service staff and ensure the highest quality and service levels. Visit tables and interact with guests, monitors proper front door procedures, seating, and greeting, resulting in effective control of the flow of our guests.
- Oversees culinary management and staff to ensure a cohesive and seamless food experience for guests, including resolving issues and making service more efficient.
- Actively participates in and contributes to ongoing Taproom staff meetings to provide continuous training and development in the areas of service, suggest selling and sales techniques for liquor, beer, and wine sales, safety, security, and sanitation.
- Participates in interviews for all service staff and completes the onboarding process for all Taproom onboarding and orientation.
- Proactively communicates with Taproom management and other members of the MadTree management team to share and convey information regarding the Taproom. Ensures there are no surprises.
- Participates in employee performance reviews and discipline.
- Work closely with the Private Events management to ensure successful day-to-day operations of private events.
- Resolve employee and guest conflict through service recovery and implement change under the direction of MadTree management when necessary.
- Leader in continuous improvement efforts. Shares with managers and co-workers ideas and suggestions from guests, staff, and their observations.
- Enthusiastically spends at least 16 hours per year volunteering (paid) for MadTree.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Five or more years of professional hospitality management experience.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed; typically, 50-55 hours per week.
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to be helpful with a friendly, service-orientated mindset to be in the service of guests and staff at all times.
- Effective and frequent communication with management and support staff, regardless of department, location, or shift.
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Comfort with working independently, multitasking, and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and general math concepts and proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or
Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a bar, restaurant, and brewery.
- The employee occasionally works with hazardous materials.
- The employee occasionally works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: