General Manager - Oakley Taproom
MadTree Brewing Company
3301 Madison Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45209
Compensation: $69,971 - $97,715
Posted Date: 01/15/2024
Apply today as a General Manager for MadTree Brewing Company at the Oakley Taproom.
The Taproom General Manager is results-driven with a passion for exceptional guest experiences. They lead with an ownership mentality, drive financial success, and foster a warm, collaborative culture. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck.
- Achieves guest count, PPA, revenue, and other relevant financial targets by influencing and optimizing leadership, service, and offerings by providing the highest uncompromising quality of food, beverage, and events and flawlessly executed hospitality.
- Accountable for effectively developing and managing regular budgets, forecasts, expense controls, and full P&L accurately, on time, and aligned with organizational and operational goals.
- Create an engaging and energetic environment where all employees work as a team to provide guests with a warm and welcoming experience. Strong focus on coaching and development of all managers, supervisors, and frontline staff to deliver exceptional experiences worth sharing.
- Work as a floor manager during assigned shifts to support service staff and ensure the highest quality and service levels. Visit tables and interact with guests, monitor proper door procedures, direction, and greeting, resulting in effective control of the flow of our guests.
- Oversees kitchen management and staff to ensure a cohesive and seamless food experience for guests, including resolving issues and making service more efficient.
- Participates in interviews for all service staff and completes the onboarding and orientation.
- Proactively communicates with team leaders and other members of the MadTree leadership team to share and convey information regarding the Taproom. Ensures there are no surprises.
- Participates in employee performance reviews and coaching/discipline.
- Work closely with the Private Events leadership to ensure successful day-to-day operations of private events.
- Resolve employee and guest conflict through service recovery and implement change under the direction of MadTree leadership when necessary.
- Leader in continuous improvement efforts. Share guests’ and staff’s ideas, suggestions, and observations with leaders and team members.
- Enthusiastically spends at least 16 hours per year volunteering (paid) for MadTree Impact initiatives and leading the team with that same enthusiasm.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- 5+ years of professional hospitality management experience.
- Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career and organizational goals.
- Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Ensures Accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying an understanding of key financial indicators to make better tactical business decisions.
- Influencer: Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Manages Conflict: Handling conflict situations effectively by staying curious.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed; typically, 50-55 hours per week.
- Positive attitude and a strong desire to be helpful with a friendly, service-orientated mindset to be in the service of guests and staff at all times.
- Effective and frequent communication with management and support staff, regardless of department, location, or shift.
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Comfort with working independently, multitasking, and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Advanced knowledge of financial and general math concepts and proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets.
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Usually, that of a bar, restaurant, or brewery.
- Occasionally works with hazardous materials.
- Occasionally works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
About the Organization
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer – but more importantly – to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful community connections.
We embrace our name, MadTree, and work to celebrate and protect nature while reducing our environmental impact. MadTree is a B Corp-certified company and a proud member of 1% for the Planet, which is committed to donating 1% of sales to local, sustainable nonprofits. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up daily to connect people to nature and each other.
MadTree is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that inspires madness while being rooted in purpose. We offer a competitive compensation package plus great benefits like paid volunteer time, subsidized health insurance, a retirement plan with a match that begins on day one, profit sharing, paid time off, and many other great perks.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: