IT Systems Analyst
Hamilton County DDS
1520 Madison Road
Cincinnati OH 45206
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Compensation: $61,700 - $77,000
Posted Date: 04/28/2023
Apply today as an IT Systems Analyst for Hamilton County DDS.
About Hamilton County DDS
Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services (HCDDS) is a government social services agency established by state law. For over 50 years, HCDDS has provided support and services to thousands of individuals with developmental disabilities (DD). Each year, we support about 7,300 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout their lives by providing case management while funding services our community partners provide.
“People we serve come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to empower the potential of every team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong.”
IT Systems Analyst
A typical day in the life of a Systems Analyst involves working closely with both technical and non-technical teams to identify business needs and develop solutions that improve overall efficiency and effectiveness. This involves gathering, analyzing, and reporting on data, creating system design and specifications, and implementing changes as needed. You are also responsible for testing and evaluating new systems, troubleshooting issues, and providing ongoing support to ensure systems remain optimized and functional.
Your schedule will be hybrid remote, with 1-2 days per week in the office. Weekend and evening work hours may be required 1-2 times per year and are planned in advance.
Hamilton County DDS Support Center
1520 Madison Road
Cincinnati, Ohio 45206
- Designs and implements IT solutions to agency departments (i.e., provides quality and timely technical support for applications and infrastructure to include consulting with staff to determine application and system applications; addresses computer programming and system application issues of a moderate to complex nature; researches and defines possible solutions to problems and presents them to staff); provides process and technical guidance and training to staff and other team members.
- Provides project coordination and oversight for small to medium projects (i.e., defines tasks, timelines, and resources; performs business analysis activities, including the determination of needs, processes, data, forms, reports, etc.); configures applications and performs quality assurance testing; produces documentation and provides communication as needed to meet department and agency goals; coordinates with technology trainer to ensure trainer thoroughly understands material; may provide training or assist in providing training.
- Determines requirements for, designs, creates, and modifies reports; defines and implements data import/export routines; utilizes knowledge of database structures to define and implement reports or import/export routines properly.
- Accurately and positively represents IT to other departments, agency teams, IT customers, and vendors; serves as a technical advisor to staff and mentors more junior IT staff members.
- Develops and maintains sufficient and up-to-date technical knowledge to support assigned duties; helps develop and follow department best practices.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance; demonstrates teamwork and cooperation.
- Travels to and gains access to other work sites safely, efficiently, and effectively by agency policy.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field; minimum three (3) years experience in application development, enterprise application support, and database management; or equivalent combination of experiences.
- Maintaining a flexible schedule and working nights and weekends (infrequent, planned in advance).
- Experience in database management, enterprise application support, and computer programming is strongly preferred.
- Experience with report writers preferred.
- Knowledge of IT operations and processes preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license and insurable by the agency’s insurance carrier.
Compensation & Benefits
- 36.25-hour work week, exempt position.
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work-from-home options.
- Starting salary range: $61,700.00 (no similar experience) to $77,000.00 (10 years experience performing this job with another organization.)
- Highly competitive employee Benefits Package and generous paid time off.
- Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System includes a 10% employee contribution and a 14% employer contribution.
Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services offers equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: May 9, 2023
For more information or to apply: