Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library
800 Vine Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
Compensation: $20.08 - $28.12 per hour
Posted Date: 10/26/2023
Date Posted: 10/26/2023
The Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library seeks a full-time Maintenance Technician Facilities Services to join our team at one of the country’s busiest and best library systems. This position offers a community-minded, diverse, and inclusive work environment; competitive compensation; generous paid time off, including PTO (accrued up to 137.28 hours/year), Sick (accrued at 120 hours/year), and nine paid Holidays. In addition, the Library offers a robust benefits package, including medical, dental, employer-paid life and telehealth, vision, short-term disability, participation in the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System, and a host of additional voluntary benefits.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for general maintenance of library facilities, including plumbing, electrical, and carpentry work.
• Assembles new furniture; repairs and refinishes furniture and wooden structures such as book carts, tables, chairs, counters, and benches.
• Checks lighting, changes bulbs, and repairs ballasts and light switches. Replaces electrical breakers.
• Checks electrical devices such as outlets and switches to ensure proper function.
• Installs/replaces floor tiles, carpet, and ceiling tiles.
• Resets boilers and breakers.
• Repairs/replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and other plumbing equipment. Opens clogged drains.
• Paints walls, floors, woodwork, furniture, and fixtures using sprayers and brushes.
• Changes and installs all types of door and window hardware.
• Repairs compact shelving.
• Lifts and assembles cubicle furniture.
• Prepares paperwork associated with work orders and property transfers.
• Compiles material lists, initiates orders for parts and materials, picks up features and materials, and verifies shipments.
• Serves as liaison with vendors/contractors to obtain repair/replacement estimates.
• Assists in agency moves of materials, furniture, and equipment.
• Assists with emergency snow plowing and salting using a truck with a snow plow and spreader.
• Repairs/replaces brick, drywall, plaster, and concrete work.
• Moves furniture and other office equipment
• Understands and supports the Library’s mission, vision, culture, and structure and demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the Library’s policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts of all colleagues and customers regardless of age, cultural background ability, ethnicity, family status, gender identity, immigration status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and veteran status.
• Interacts with members of diverse ethnic and socioeconomic communities, children, staff, and management respectfully and professionally reflecting the Library’s values.
• Demonstrates professionalism in all settings, including an orientation toward teamwork, collaboration & building common ground with peers; arriving to work reliably, regularly, and on time; and behavior consistent with building a solid organizational culture while performing work duties.
• Ability to handle and work proficiently with manual and powered tools and equipment, such as hand tools, electricians, plumber tools, saws, and drills.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Demonstrates on-brand customer service to internal and external customers by consistently fulfilling customer needs and expectations.
• Handles and responds to concerns, complaints, and demanding situations patiently and tactfully.
• Climbs and works from stepladders, extension ladders, scaffolding, and lifts to 40 feet high.
• Has frequent interaction with internal and external customers.
• Works in assigned areas, including office areas, training rooms, and public floor as necessary.
• Ability to work flexible and variable hours on evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions and transitions.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the Library, which may include a physical examination.
• Must be able to move frequently throughout the work location for most of the shift and safely, frequently, and independently move and handle a minimum of 60 lbs. to a minimum height of 2 feet and a minimum distance of 5 feet.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
• Climbs up/down from the cab or bed of a motor vehicle, such as a pickup, cube, or flat-bed stake truck.
• Pushes/pulls fully loaded materials hauling equipment, such as two-wheelers, pallet jacks, and hand trucks.
• On-call rotation every 12 weeks.
Cincinnati, OH, United States
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years post-high school technical training, two years experience in the building trades, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 40 hours per week
• On-call rotation every 12 weeks
November 9, 2023
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: November 9, 2023
For more information or to apply: