Gateway Community and Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Posted Date: 11/03/2023
Apply today as a Maintenance Worker for Gateway Community & Technical College.
Title: Custodian/Maintenance Worker
Salary Range: 30,810.00/year ($15.80/hour) with an additional 0.30 Shift Differential
Standard Hours: 37.50, Second Shift2:15 p.m.pm 10:15 p.m.pm, Monday – Friday
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Campus Location: Gateway Boone may be rotated to other campuses as needed
Department: Maintenance & Operations
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Work-Life Balance
- 9.5 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions
- Employee Assistance Program
Gateway Community & Technical College invites applications for a Custodian/Maintenance Worker. This full-time position will provide general maintenance and upkeep of buildings and grounds to maintain a safe and clean environment for learning.
Work Hours: Second Shift2:15 p.m. 10:15 p.m., primarily at our Boone campus, with rotation to other campuses as needed.
- Performs general custodial duties such as daily cleaning of restrooms, classrooms, and offices based on the schedule provided by the supervisor.
- Moves and assembles furniture and equipment for room set-up. Replaces light bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc
- Provides general maintenance and minor repairs. This includes repairing furniture, unclogging drains, sweeping and waxing floors, operating floor buffers, and assisting maintenance technicians with more technical repairs.
- Maintains grounds, which includes leaf removal, picking up trash, and snow removal.
- Operates forklift and lawn equipment.
- Will assist in set-up during special events.
- Other duties assigned.
Working Conditions/Job Hazards
- Typical maintenance/custodial environment with moderate noise (examples: lawnmowers, drills, vacuum cleaners, etc.)
- A moderate degree of hazard or danger associated with the job.
- Physical Demands: (with or without reasonable accommodation) Primarily sitting using fingers, hands, and arms to reach.
- Occasional stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- Primarily use close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- High School/GED, or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets the KCTCS insurance standards and must be able to drive cars, vans, and pickup trucks.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Ability to operate floor buffer, vacuum, weed-eater, a truck with snow blade and salt spreader, a leaf blower, shop vac, carpet cleaning machines, and a forklift.
- Ability to effectively communicate using auditory and visual methods, distinguish colors, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Occasionally lift to 100 pounds.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing themself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: