Marketing Visual Merchandiser
Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library
800 Vine Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
Compensation: $46,030 - $66,747
Posted Date: 08/04/2023
Apply today as a Marketing Visual Merchandiser for the Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library.
About the Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library
The Cincinnati and Hamilton County Public Library (CHPL) is committed to providing free, open, and unrestricted access to its collections and services. The Library values all customers and is responsive to its service needs. It strives to earn the trust and confidence of all customers, and they value continuous learning and innovation in the pursuit of excellence. CHPL is also accountable for ensuring the proper use of public funds and takes seriously its responsibility to maximize staff time and talent efficiency.
CHPL is a values-driven organization committed to connecting people with the world of ideas and information. The Library believes that everyone has the potential to learn and grow and is dedicated to providing the resources and services that people need to succeed.
Marketing Visual Merchandiser
The Marketing Visual Merchandiser is responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating a creative visual merchandising strategy for CHPL’s 41 locations to create a consistent, inclusive customer experience across locations that addresses community members’ needs and interests while aligning to the organization’s brand and Customer Experience Framework.
The Marketing Visual Merchandiser will demonstrate excellent internal customer service, including collaborating with agency staff to implement best practices and making merchandising recommendations for specific CHPL locations while ensuring a system-wide approach to merchandising initiatives.
- Design and create system-wide window displays, interior displays, and special promotions displays and exhibits that are inclusive, timely, and appealing.
- Coordinate with Materials Selection & Acquisitions to ensure enough material for displays.
- Use community needs and interests to inform display themes and collaborate with community partners as possible.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to agency staff on creating relevant, culturally appropriate, and engaging displays and signage for their locations.
- Visit Library locations regularly to review and discuss collection arrangement, signage, displays, and Marketplaces, and train staff on visual merchandising skills and best practices.
- Identify and work with visual merchandising ambassadors at specific locations to build staff support and leverage talents and expertise.
- Use the Library’s strategic documents to inform the visual merchandising strategy and program.
- Create and execute a merchandising plan for locations with Marketplaces.
- Work with Marketing staff to create, maintain, and implement a system-wide merchandising/display calendar.
- Evaluate displays for effectiveness using quantitative data, develop reports, and use results to inform future work.
- Coordinate exhibits in Library spaces by collaborating with internal and external groups who want the Library to host their exhibits. Develop and maintain related documents.
- Maintain Visual Merchandising templates in the Library’s software, with assistance from Marketing Graphic Designers.
- Demonstrates on-brand customer service to customers by exceeding customer needs and expectations by delivering a visual merchandising program based on industry best practices.
- Maintains current knowledge of library trends, materials, best practices, techniques, and technology; is willing to learn other applications as needed.
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other visual design tools.
- Must demonstrate the skills and abilities to interact with the public, staff, and management respectfully and professionally, reflecting the Library’s beliefs.
- Seeks, accepts, and incorporates feedback and direction.
- Must be able to safely, frequently, and independently move and handle a minimum of 30 lbs. to a minimum height of two feet and minimum distance of five feet.
- Associate’s Degree.
- Visual design skills that are demonstrable through a strong merchandising portfolio.
- Two or more years of experience in visual merchandising or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license and able to meet the requirements of the Library’s insurance carrier.
- Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred with a concentration in Merchandising, Retail Management, Marketing, Graphic Design, or similar.
- Five years of experience in visual merchandising or equivalent.
- Experience developing and installing exhibits.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) are a plus.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: August 11, 2023
For more information or to apply: