Beech Acres Parenting Center
615 Elsinore Place
Cincinnati OH 45247
Compensation: $84,750 - $95,500
Posted Date: 01/11/2024
Apply today as a Nurse Practitioner for Beech Acres Parenting Center.
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Location: US-OH-Cincinnati
Job ID: 2023-1341
Category: School-Based Services
Provides services to children and adolescents with diverse psychiatric diagnoses in an outpatient setting.
This role is school- and office-based and will require frequent travel throughout the community to BAPC campuses and schools.
- Ensures that all Beech Acres medication-related policies and procedures are followed to maintain compliance with all indicated licensing and regulatory agencies and that documentation is completed. Ensures consulting psychiatrists are trained in relevant agency policies and procedures.
- Completes and reviews psychiatric evaluations and mental health assessments and assists in developing and monitoring treatment plans.
- Reviews health screens of clients enrolled in mental health services and partners with Client Services Specialist regarding any medical follow-ups as indicated.
- Prescribes psychiatric medications and collaborates with the Medical Director(s), Therapists, and Therapeutic Service Providers to facilitate appropriate medication monitoring and adherence.
- Partners with clients’ families and dedicated adults regarding risks/benefits of prescribed medications, responses to prescribed medicines, side effects and adverse effects of prescribed medications, and interim refills.
- Coordinates services with the client’s primary care physician as needed.
- Collaborates with external partners such as hospitals and medical office staff for continuity of care and referral for labs or services.
- Completes Prior Authorization prescription medication as required for insurance purposes.
- Completes timely and appropriate documentation in the electronic medical records for clients.
- Maintains compliance with state, federal, and BAPC guidelines.
- Manages any adverse reactions to medication or medication emergencies in compliance with agency, COA, ODMHAS, and Nursing practices in Ohio.
- Completes all documentation to the highest level of compliance under (where applicable) the Ohio Medical Health & Addiction Board, the Council on Accreditation, the County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board, Medicaid, and private insurance carrier
- Partners with clinicians to ensure continuity and coordination of care. Assures adherence to protocols and standards for programmatic policies and procedures and establishes departmental policies and procedures as indicated.
- Supports and triages medication-related questions from parents and families.
- Works collaboratively and cross-functionally as a team member to meet the holistic needs of kids and families.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing + active Ohio APN licensure. AANP certification.
- Active Ohio Certificate of authority for prescriptions + DEA licensure.
- Two years of experience providing counseling and psychotherapy to children experiencing emotional and or behavioral problems, as well as their families, is preferred.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to work collaboratively to support the team’s achievement of shared goals and outcomes.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary: $84,750 – $95,500
- Offers a competitive benefits package, including base pay, incentives, and other benefits.
- Total compensation includes benefits that go beyond wages and are provided to you.
- Perks at Work include Bonus Points recognition, Cell Phone Reimbursements, Flexibility in how you work, paid leave plans, and best-in-city Paid time off plans, amongst many others.
About the Organization
Beech Acres Parenting Center uncovers the natural gifts of children by unleashing the power of parents and caregivers. As a contemporary parenting center, Beech Acres serves over 30,000 people annually through various services, including foster care, kinship care, adoption, behavioral health support in schools, parent coaching, and much more.
Our programs are founded in our Natural Strength Parenting™ framework, which enables parents to unlock their potential by building on their unique strengths. For more information, visit www.beechacres.org
BAPC provides equal employment opportunities (“EEO”) to all persons, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, religion, ancestry, military or veteran status, color, national origin, or any other applicable statutorily protected group status under local, state, or federal law. This applies to all phases of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, advancement, and discipline.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: