People Experience Specialist
125 East Ninth Street
Cincinnati OH 45202
Compensation: $55,000 - $82,000
Posted Date: 11/10/2023
Apply today as a People Experience Specialist for StriveTogether.
People Experience Specialist
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and life from cradle to career, regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code, or circumstance. We work to break down barriers, change systems, and improve outcomes with the Cradle to Career Network, made up of nearly 70 communities across the country. StriveTogether provides resources, best practices, and processes to give every child every chance for success.
The StriveTogether team is passionate, talented, and dedicated to achieving our mission. We seek and value diversity and work hard to eliminate inequities in ourselves, our organization, and our communities. Our goals are bold, so we support each other to try new things, have tough conversations, and push for change. As we work, we share learning and progress, use data to make decisions, and celebrate our wins.
About the position
Reporting to the Vice President, People Experience, the Specialist, People Experience owns the people operations processes for the organization. This includes HR administration, compliance & reporting, offboarding, employee relations, policy and development, employee communication, performance management, training and development, and DEI support. This person will build relationships across the organization by ensuring each person receives prompt, accurate help and team member data is kept up-to-date in all systems. Data integrity and attention to detail are crucial in this role. The Specialist will use data to identify gaps in our people operations processes and propose continuous improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain employee records and ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Manage benefits administration, including enrollment and addressing employee inquiries.
- Help manage HRIS (Human Resources Information System) and other HR-related software.
- Support HR policies and procedures implementation and updates.
Compliance, Documentation, and Reporting
- Ensure new employees complete all required forms and documentation, including I-9, tax forms, and benefits enrollment.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of new hire paperwork.
- Stay current on employment laws and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Prepare HR-related reports and documentation.
- Support audits and compliance reviews as necessary.
- Coordinate and conduct exit interviews to gather feedback from departing employees.
- Ensure a smooth offboarding process, including the return of company property.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees seeking assistance with workplace concerns or conflicts.
- Conduct confidential investigations into employee complaints or grievances and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Mediate and facilitate conflict resolution between employees, teams, or departments.
Policy Development and Compliance
- Stay current on labor laws and regulations to ensure compliance with the organization’s policies and practices.
- Collaborate with HR leadership to develop, update, and communicate company policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation and enforcement of HR policies and practices.
- Develop and maintain open communication channels with employees to foster positive working relationships.
- Guide employee rights, benefits, and responsibilities.
- Assist in employee communication initiatives and campaigns.
- Assist in performance management processes, including tracking and follow-up for performance reviews.
- Participate in performance improvement plans and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Ensure fairness and consistency in performance-related matters.
Training and Development
- Assist in developing and delivering training programs related to employee relations and conflict resolution.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and supervisors on handling employee relations matters.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Champion DEI initiatives and ensure a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Collaborate with HR and management to create and maintain a culture of inclusion and belonging.
- Engage in REDI-culture work.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (preferred).
- At least two years of proven HR/People Operations experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and best practices.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information with discretion.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Proficiency in HRIS, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Suite is required. ADP Workforce Now and Asana are preferred.
- Problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- A passion for creating a positive work culture and supporting employee growth.
- Embodiment of our values: Community, Courage, Curiosity, Equity, Progress, and Results.
- Approximately 10-15% of travel is required.
This is an exempt position with a salary range of $55,000 – $82,000(min-max). StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience and skills. This position will work out of our headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Benefits, perks, and flexibility
- Sick, vacation, personal, floating holiday/wellness day, bereavement, jury duty.
- Eleven paid company holidays and a paid winter break the last week of December.
- Paid parental leave.
- Paid sabbatical after seven years of employment.
- Paid time off to vote.
- Caregiver time off.
- Medical and dental plans.
- 100% paid vision, short-term and long-term disability, and basic life insurance.
- $2,500 annual HSA contribution for users of high-deductible health care plans.
- Cellphone and internet stipend.
- Competitive retirement plan with automatic employer contribution and match.
- Professional development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Remote work opportunities are available.
- Choice of Mac or PC for your work computer.
- Birthday gift card.
- DeskPass access (community desk and meeting room options for remote team members).
- Company credit card for internal expenses.
Perks at our Cincinnati headquarters
- Employer-paid parking.
- Hybrid work model with two work-from-home days each week.
- Rooftop deck.
- Snacks and beverages.
- Dog-friendly office.
StriveTogether provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, domestic partnership status, gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023
For more information or to apply: