Program Manager Independent Contractor
Faith Communities Go Green
PO Box 14270
Cincinnati OH 45250
Job Type: Hourly, Part-Time, Contractor
Compensation: $25 - $30 / Hour
Posted Date: 09/05/2023
Apply today as a Program Manager Independent Contractor for Faith Communities Go Green.
About Faith Communities Go Green
FCGG began as a Green Umbrella Impact Team and is now a collaboration of Green Umbrella, an environmental sustainability organization, and EquaSion, an interfaith organization. The FCGG mission is to create a more sustainable and equitable future for all by mobilizing their moral voice to reduce the risk of catastrophic climate change and its impact on Greater Cincinnati.
Program Manager Independent Contractor
Faith Communities Go Green (FCGG) has an opportunity for an Independent Contractor to serve as Program Manager to assist FCGG with an Energy Efficiency upgrade program for faith community facilities in Greater Cincinnati. The focus will be on faith facilities in the underserved and minority neighborhoods, plus other faith communities interested in upgrading their facility with energy efficiency. Relationship building and understanding what the congregations care about will be critical to the role. Work will also include other FCGG programming. (FCGG.org)
- Assisting with the coordination, management, and engagement with faith communities to gather information for grant applications for energy efficiency upgrade installations.
- Connecting faith communities to resources for planning, funding, and executing decarbonization and energy efficiency projects.
- Helping create an environment of collaboration among faith communities interested in environment and sustainability.
- Developing, cultivating, and maintaining strong, supportive relationships with Faith community members and Partners to ensure ongoing, active participation.
- Working with Faith communities to develop Green Teams and Facility Management Teams in congregations.
- Coordinating assessment work of multiple facilities to maximize cost savings.
- Utilizing university programs and other training opportunities for disadvantaged populations to conduct energy assessments and installation work.
- Keeping records for measurement and evaluation. Work with faith team leaders for routine reporting.
- Organizing meetings in person and online.
- Assisting facility team leaders in writing possible grants for the planned energy efficiency work in their building.
- Prepare documentation and data for additional FCGG grant applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study, including but not limited to Environmental Policy/Studies, Interfaith Relations, Business, Community Organizing, or equivalent years of work experience in related fields.
- Three years of related professional experience with at least two years focused on sustainability, interfaith work, or climate issues.
- Proven project management and facilitation experience.
- Ability to work independently and with the advisory committee.
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with diverse populations.
Submit a cover letter and resume, preferably as a single PDF, to [email protected]. Application review will begin September 27, 2023, but the position will remain open until it is filled. No phone calls, please.
EQUASION and GREEN UMBRELLA ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERS THAT VALUE DIVERSITY AT ALL LEVELS OF ITS WORKFORCE.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: