Cincinnati Children's Hospital
3333 Burnet Ave
Cincinnati OH 45229
Job Type: Hourly, Full-Time
Compensation: $16.98 - $20.43 / Hour
Posted Date: 05/18/2023
Apply today as a Representative II-HIM at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
About Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
Cincinnati Children’s, a nonprofit academic medical center established in 1883, is one of the oldest and most distinguished pediatric hospitals in the United States.
Prepares statistical reports, codes diseases and operations according to accepted classification, and maintains indexes according to established plans and procedures.
- Assists other CCHMC staff members and customers by processing patient information requests that adhere to HIPAA and HIM department standards, prioritizing requests for information, and troubleshooting issues.
- Assists with the appropriate release of patient information, upon request, according to CCHMC and department policies.
- Coordinates requests for information related to research, payment, and healthcare operations.
- Collects and reconciles discharged patient records from Inpatient units and the Same Day Surgery.
- Prepares documents for imaging according to established procedures.
- Sorts documents according to established prepping procedures.
- Converts and manages electronic images using electronic scanning technology.
- Operates scanners to produce high-quality electronic images of documents.
- Uploads images electronically into the Imaging system upon satisfactory completion of quality review.
- Prepares boxes of imaged paper records to be sent to offsite storage vendor, including the creation of an inventory of box content.
- Adds accounts to ChartMaxx when scanning of clinic shadow records necessitates special account creation.
- Trains newly hired HIM EDMT staff on all aspects of the Enterprise Imaging Process and on all policies and procedures related to maintaining the medical record in all media.
- Serves as a resource for newly hired EDMT staff on operating office equipment.
- Performs equipment checks on cameras, rollers, image guides, etc., to verify the system is operational at the beginning of each shift. Performs basic troubleshooting as a response to technical equipment failure, engaging additional resources as appropriate.
- Ensures proper organization and maintenance of the medical record in all media.
- Maintains production and measurement statistics.
- Consistently meets department productivity and quality standards.
- Maintains a neat functional workspace that is organized, safe, accessible, and that provides an effective and efficient environment for employees, patients, and families.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of work experience in a related job discipline.
Cincinnati Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: