OHC (Oncology, Hematology Care)
4777 E. Galbraith Road
Cincinnati OH 45236
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Compensation: $69,000 - $89,000
Posted Date: 05/17/2023
Apply today as a Research RN at OHC (Oncology, Hematology Care)
About OHC (Oncology, Hematology Care)
OHC has fought cancer on the front lines for over 38 years. We are now one of the nation’s largest independent oncology practices and the region’s premier source of treatment for nearly every form of adult cancer and complex blood disorder.
At its heart, our approach to cancer care is simple – to surround our patients with everything they need so they can focus on what matters most: beating cancer.
Under direct supervision of a physician, is responsible for enlisting, maintaining, and assuring protocol compliance for all patients on clinical trials. Collaborates with physicians in determining the eligibility of patients for clinical trials. Provides education to staff and patients. Ensures site research quality by practicing in compliance with US Oncology Research, Inc. (USOR) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, including the Code of Ethics Business Standards.
- Screens potential patients for protocol eligibility. Presents trial concepts and details to the patients, participates in the informed consent process, and enrolls patients in the protocol.
- Coordinates patient care in compliance with protocol requirements. May disburse investigational drugs and provide patient teaching regarding administration. Maintains investigational drug accountability.
- In collaboration with the physician, reviews patients for changes in condition, adverse events, concomitant medication use, protocol compliance, and response to study drug, and thoroughly documents all findings.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting. Schedules and participates in monitoring and auditing activities.
- Maintains regulatory documentation by USOR SOP and applicable regulations.
- Participates in required training and education programs. Responsible for education of clinic staff regarding clinical research.
- May collaborate with Research Site Leader in the study selection process.
- Additional responsibilities may include working directly with other (non-USOR) research bases and sponsors.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, families, and clinical staff through compliance with all federal, state, and professional regulatory standards issued by OSHA and the CDC. Maintains strict patient confidentiality according to HIPAA regulations and applicable law.
Compensation & Benefits
- Three Health Insurance Plans to choose from
- Two Dental and two vision insurance plants
- A company-matched 401K plan
- Profit sharing plan for clinical employees
- Company-paid short-term/long-term disability/life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- A generous PTO plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Program
- Nationwide Discounts at your favorite hotels, resorts, and retailers
- Wellness Program
- Yearly merit raises
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: