Senior Administrative Assistant (Nursing)
Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Job Type: Salaried, Full-Time
Posted Date: 04/14/2023
Apply today as a Senior Administrative Assistant in the Gateway Community & Technical College Nursing Department.
About Gateway Community & Technical College
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region – part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution.
The College offers high-quality, targeted education to meet students’ personal and professional needs and contribute to the region’s economic development.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution. We are committed to creating a campus environment that values exploring, appreciating, and celebrating diversity while promoting inclusiveness, multiculturalism, and global awareness.
Senior Administrative Assistant (Nursing)
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides a variety of advanced administrative, compliance, confidential, and technical support to the Director of Nursing (Faculty Nurse Administrator) and faculty to facilitate the efficient operations of the nursing department.
- Supports faculty and department leadership with high-level clerical tasks.
- Collects, reviews, and analyzes complex, confidential statistical data and prepares reports.
- Plans meetings and takes detailed minutes as needed.
- Responds to or route non-routine priority or confidential inquiries on behalf of the department.
- Manages administrative functions on behalf of the administrator. Manages departmental calendar to ensure the schedule is aligned with upcoming deadlines and priorities. Manages the administrator’s calendar.
- Alerts and briefs the manager on emerging issues, initiatives, and projects and provides status reports on an ad hoc basis.
- Assists with high-level, confidential materials related to the department.
- Assist department manager with compliance regarding Kentucky Board of Nursing regulations and policies.
- Initiates and coordinates departmental events.
- Coordination of student orientation, training, and student events.
- Responds to issues and concerns that affect the department and division.
- Able to independently solve problems as issues arise.
- Manages departmental budget and orders departmental supplies. Initiates, processes, and tracks departmental forms as needed.
- Serves as receptionist such as greeting visitors, answering the phone, distributing mail and responding to inquiries, requests for information, and assisting students via office visits, email, or phone calls.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for administrator and faculty, ensuring that all policies regarding travel are followed.
- Works with our healthcare facilities to ensure students are prepared to attend clinical using the facility’s compliance software.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent, in Business, Administrative Assistant, Office Technology, Clerical or equivalent.
- Three years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing his/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with medical terminology
- Familiarity with Nursing regulations and policies
- Experience in and understanding the importance of working with students from diverse populations.
- Experience working at the community college level.
Compensation & Benefits
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family.
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
- Vacation/Sick Time.
- Work-Life Balance.
- 9.5 Paid Holidays.
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions.
- Employee Assistance Program.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: