Service and Support Administrator Supervisor
Hamilton County DDS
5093 Kingsley Drive
Cincinnati OH 45227
Compensation: $68,800 - $86,000
Posted Date: 10/03/2023
Apply today as a Service and Support Administrator Supervisor for Hamilton County DDS.
About Hamilton County DDS
Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services (HCDDS) is a government social services agency established by state law. For over 50 years, HCDDS has provided support and services to thousands of individuals with developmental disabilities (DD). Each year, we support about 7,300 people with intellectual and developmental disabilities throughout their lives by providing case management while funding services our community partners provide.
“People we serve come from all walks of life, and so do we. We want to empower the potential of every team, and we know that teams perform best when they are diverse, and every team member feels that they belong.”
Service and Support Administrator Supervisor
A day in the life of a Service and Support Administrator (SSA) Supervisor is a blend of leadership, coordination, and advocacy. Beginning with a review of the team’s caseloads, the supervisor provides guidance and support to SSAs, ensuring that individualized service plans are comprehensive and aligned with the client’s needs and goals. The day involves frequent team meetings, during which the supervisor collaborates with their staff to address complex cases, discuss strategies for improving service quality, and provide ongoing training.
The SSA Supervisor will review and address team member performance, schedules, and payroll. They also liaise with external agencies and stakeholders to advocate for the rights and needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and work to ensure seamless access to services. With a focus on programmatic excellence and individual empowerment, the SSA Supervisor plays a pivotal role in shaping a brighter future for those they serve.
Work Location: Hybrid remote and in-person at HCDDS Kingsley Center: 5093 Kingsley Drive Cincinnati, OH 45227
- Provides supervision, technical assistance, and support to staff in providing services to individuals with developmental disabilities via regular team and one-on-one meetings.
- Assists in planning and implementing orientation, training, and ongoing staff development opportunities for assigned staff.
- Monitors and audits paperwork and financial obligations completed by SSA staff.
- Assists SSA Director and SSA Manager in determining the goals and objectives of the office.
- Participates in office teams to identify problems, propose solutions, and assist in developing policies, procedures, or guidelines to address issues.
- Assists individuals served in selecting a service and support administrator.
- Collects data, information, and statistics to assist in preparing required reports.
- Periodically carries a cell phone as a backup to the assigned on-call SSA.
- Foster a culture of empathy, empowerment, and continuous improvement within the team.
- Have a passion for improving others’ lives, demonstrated through superior customer service.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and an appreciation for the work behind providing social services to the community.
- Value a purpose-driven culture, supportive team members, and organizational commitment to growth and innovation.
- Bachelor’s degree required; a degree in psychology, special education, human services, or related fields preferred
- Four years of full-time supervised, paid work experience in programs or services for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Eligible for Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities SSA Supervisor certification
- Meets the agency’s driver’s insurability requirements
Compensation & Benefits
- 36.25-hour work week, full-time role
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work-from-home options
- Starting salary range, determined by formula accounting for years of experience: $68,800.00 (no similar experience) to $86,000.00 (10 years of experience performing this same job or job with primarily the same duties.)
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, HRA, Dental, Vision, Employer-Paid Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility, Wellness Incentives, robust Employee Assistance Plan, access to Free Medical and Rx through Marathon Health, and more!
- Ohio Public Employee’s Retirement System includes a 10% employee contribution and a 14% employer contribution.
- We are committed to empowering individuals to lead fulfilling lives and participate fully in their communities. As we expand our services, we seek a dedicated and experienced SSA Supervisor to lead our Service and Support Administrators team in providing exceptional care and support.
Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services offers equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2023
For more information or to apply: