Student Support & Engagement Specialist
Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Compensation: $41,500 - $43,000
Posted Date: 08/07/2023
Apply today as a Student Support & Engagement Specialist for Gateway Community & Technical College.
About Gateway Community & Technical College
Gateway Community & Technical College is a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System and is a public two-year degree-granting institution serving the Northern Kentucky Region – part of the Greater Cincinnati Region and is Northern Kentucky’s only public, accredited, comprehensive two-year institution.
The College offers high-quality, targeted education to meet students’ personal and professional needs and contribute to the region’s economic development.
Gateway engages, connects, and inspires all students through education to champion our region’s competitive workforce and improve their quality of life.
Gateway is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution. We are committed to creating a campus environment that values exploring, appreciating, and celebrating diversity while promoting inclusiveness, multiculturalism, and global awareness.
Student Support & Engagement Specialist
The Student Support & Engagement Specialist assists the Director with planning and implementing student engagement and leadership activities, managing our student ambassador program, and increasing student involvement in our Student Government Association. This position will also case manage an at-risk cohort each semester and serve as a resource for our tutoring program.
- Assist Director in developing retention and student engagement programming encompassing student co-curricular programming, student organizations, and student leadership, which builds a supportive & connected community for our students.
- Implement our student leadership program that includes recruiting, selecting, training, supervising, and managing our student leaders.
- Increase student organizations membership by engaging our students, leading some student campaigns- including Student Board Rep elections, coordinating student organization recruitment events, and advising the Student Government Association (SGA).
- Provide case management to an at-risk student cohort.
- Assist in providing academic support to students.
- Participates in the College’s SEM planning, including serving on an SEM subteam.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
- Experience in and understanding of working with students from diverse populations is preferred.
- Experience working at the community college level is preferred.
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family.
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match.
- Vacation/Sick Time.
- Work-Life Balance.
- 9.5 Paid Holidays.
- Two Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions.
- Employee Assistance Program.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: