Support & Volunteer Coordinator
Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank
1400 State Avenue
Cincinnati OH 45204
Compensation: $23 / Hour
Posted Date: 11/20/2023
Apply today as a Support & Volunteer Coordinator for Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank.
Support & Volunteer Coordinator
- Full-Time: 40 hours a week
- Reports to: Director of Community Engagement
- Compensation: $23/hr; non-exempt
- Location: Cincinnati, OH (1400 State Ave. 45204)
- Start Day: Flexible, by 1/9/24 preferred
- Education Requirements: High School Diploma. College degree preferred (Associates or higher).
About: COVERD Greater Cincinnati runs the programs Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank, Tidal Babe Period Bank, and Fly & Dry Basic Needs Bank. Through 50 partner social service agencies, the programs provide free diapers and period supplies to low-income families while raising awareness of the basic health need for these items. Our mission is to promote dignity and health for people in need by increasing awareness of the need for and access to essential hygiene products. We were started in October 2015 and have been experiencing rapid growth and success since then.
The Volunteer & Support Coordinator is critical in the organization, providing consistent administrative support to all staff and helping manage the thousands of volunteers we welcome each year.
Office Management (25%)
- Greet all visitors and ensure they are properly signed in/out
- Field phone calls and return voicemails.
- Respond to general emails and schedule some appointments for staff.
- Accept deliveries during business hours (Tues-Thurs, 9am-3pm).
- Orga9 a.m.e3 p.m.coming and outgoing mail; take things to the post office.
- Purchase office and other business supplies as needed.
- Other office support duties as needed.
Volunteer & Program Coordination (50%)
- Lead 1-5 volunteer groups per week and up to one evening and one-weekend volunteer group per month.
- Reply to volunteer inquiries and book groups using our volunteer scheduling system.
- Assist Director of Community Engagement with off-site mobile wrapping events, as needed.
- Manage community diaper drives by answering questions, providing information or documents, scheduling deliveries of donated products, and sending thank you notes. Help pick-up as needed.
- Enter product donations using our inventory management system.
- Assist with filling and distributing monthly partner agency orders as needed.
- Organize inventory in the warehouse using pallet jacks and a forklift.
- Help unload inventory on delivery days.
Marketing/Communications/Data Entry (25%)
- Manage social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) and use Meta Business Suite to post regularly to all our channels for all brands/programs.
- Build our community of support through interacting with comments, other accounts, and messages in our social media accounts online.
- Create content in Canva or other design programs for our marketing efforts.
- Assist the Director of Community Engagement with volunteer data entry and reports.
- Work in our CRM database to accurately enter information related to all aspects of our organization.
- Assist with addressing envelopes, writing thank you notes and other mailing tasks.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1-2 years working in a nonprofit setting, preferably as an administrative assistant, office manager, volunteer coordinator, educator, social media coordinator, or other qualifying position (preferred but not required).
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to lead a group of 20 or more volunteers, give tours, and provide clear instructions on wrapping diapers, packing period kits, and other volunteer duties as needed.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and priorities in deadline-intensive situations.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum one year experience with data entry/Microsoft products/Google Drive preferred.
- Proficiency in social media platforms preferred (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Meta Business Suite).
- Experience creating content in Canva preferred.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Willingness to learn new systems and processes.
- Handle conflict, confrontation, and uncomfortable situations head-on and with grace.
- Should be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 40 pounds and stand or walk for extended periods.
- Willingness to operate a pallet jack & forklift (we will pay for your training and certification—don’t let this discourage you from applying).
- Willingness to assist in mobile events and drive a box truck as needed.
- Ability to flourish in a creative team environment as well as operate independently.
- Willingness to talk to community members about our mission.
- Ability to demonstrate and uphold our core values (Integrity, Intentionality, Insight, and Innovation).
- Access to reliable transportation and a current driver’s license.
- Our Volunteer & Support Coordinator must be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (18 hours per week).
- Other 22 hours may be worked remotely (at the Manager’s discretion).
- Full-time employees can have a 4-day work week if all tasks are completed (at the Manager’s discretion).
- Must be available for at least one evening and one-weekend shift per month.
- Additional evening and weekend hours will occasionally be required to assist with large events.
This position is an opportunity to join a quickly-growing nonprofit in Cincinnati’s Lower Price Hill community! Benefits include:
- Up to 22 hours of remote work.
- 403(b) retirement plan.
- Universal Benefits account funded by employer.
- Up to 120 hours PTO; 16 hours floating holiday; 40 hours of sick time each year.
- 8 paid company holidays.
- Paid leave the week of July 4 and the week of December 25 through January 1st.
- PJanuary 1l leave.
- Dog-friendly office.
Questions? Contact Megan Fischer: [email protected]
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to [email protected]
COVERD Greater Cincinnati does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing staff, selecting volunteers and vendors, and providing services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all staff members, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: