Plumber (Tech III)
Cincinnati Children's Hospital
3333 Burnet Ave
Cincinnati OH 45229
Job Type: Hourly, Full-Time
Compensation: $23.40 - $28.72 / Hour
Posted Date: 02/28/2023
Apply to be a Plumber (Tech III) at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital today.
About Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
Cincinnati Children’s, a nonprofit academic medical center established in 1883, is one of the oldest and most distinguished pediatric hospitals in the United States.
Plumber (Tech III)
Install, maintain, and repair hospital equipment. Troubleshoot and repair systems and components and inspect and complete service requests promptly and efficiently for the Building Maintenance Department.
- Prioritize assigned maintenance work to execute emergency breakdown response properly.
- Report items affecting plant and equipment’s proper and safe operation to the immediate supervisor.
- Maintain an acceptable backlog of planned maintenance activity. Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical, and various equipment repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain inventory of hospital standard finishes for repairs.
- Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical, and various equipment repairs promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain proper scheduling of assigned duties and procurement of material to perform cost-effective maintenance and repair activity.
- Acquire and interpret maintenance data to determine the operational status of plant equipment and systems.
- Maintain proper documentation of all assigned maintenance policies, procedures, and schematics.
- Ensure that infection control and life safety measures are followed while performing maintenance projects. Set up containment per infection control guidelines.
- Determine the priority of the job and make needed repairs.
- Work with contractors on scheduling and repairing equipment.
- Coordinate utility shutdown requests with departments and contractors to ensure proper workflow.
- Attend construction rounds and report any deficiencies.
- Troubleshoot emergency and routine calls in HVAC, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical.
- Perform maintenance risk assessments before work is performed on Life Security devices.
- Respond to water intrusion events quickly to ensure minimal loss and prevent mold formation.
- Monitor and record moisture levels.
- Trace roof leaks and report on roof conditions.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in a related job discipline
Cincinnati Children’s is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and treasures Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an environment of dignity and respect for all our employees, patients, and families (EEO/AA).
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: