Vice President of Advancement
Gateway Community & Technical College
500 Technology Way
Florence KY 41042
Compensation: $95,000 - $100,000
Posted Date: 11/10/2023
Apply today as Vice President of Advancement for Gateway Community & Technical College.
Vice President of Advancement
Salary Range: 95,000 – 100,000
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.50
Work Location: Hybrid
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Gateway Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Gateway Boone
Gateway Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity, including:
- Exceptional health care, vision, and dental coverage for you and your family
- Tuition reimbursement/waiver for you, your spouse, and dependents
- 403(b) retirement plan: a 5% employee contribution receives a 10% employer match
- Vacation/Sick Time
- Work-Life Balance
- 9.5 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks of Institutional Closing Pay (Last two weeks of December) for qualifying positions
- Employee Assistance Program
Reporting directly to the President/CEO, this position provides Senior Leadership in all aspects of resource development and strategic communications. Directs development program strategies, goals, and activities, cultivates donor relationships, and develops and oversees the execution of development events to achieve institutional development goals.
- Provides primary leadership for initiating and sustaining a comprehensive strategic and growing resource development program that exceeds industry standards, including Private Giving Endowment Growth Annual and Major Gift Campaign Grants.
- Provides primary leadership for initiating and sustaining a comprehensive strategic and growing resource development program that exceeds industry standards, including Private Giving, Endowment Growth, Annual and Major Gift Campaigns, and Grants.
- Provides overall leadership to the marketing division and activities of the College, including development and implementation of the marketing annual plan, division’s strategic direction, and staff oversight.
- Carries ultimate responsibility for internal and external marketing efforts to assist recruitment and retention efforts and productive media relations that garner positive visibility for the College. Ensures effective external strategic communications to influencers and potential donors supporting the mission and vision of the College.
- Provides overall coordination to ensure an effective relationship with and support of the Gateway Community and Technical College Foundation.
- Provides leadership to ensure appropriate use of the department’s budgets by the applicable laws, regulations, and restrictions.
- Provides leadership to implement strategic partnership development and broad representation of the College in professional, civic, business, and non-profit organizations in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region and the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Serves as the College’s representative on appropriate KCTCS workgroups and peer teams.
- Serves on the College’s Executive Leadership Team and other college committees as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in higher education administration, public relations, resource development, or related field.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated teambuilding skills and organized staff and work to align to college needs and strategic plan.
- Ability to both motivate and hold staff accountable to reach innovative goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; ability to quantify results and impact of work,
- Independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment, representing themself professionally and courteously;
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally;
- Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- Must have extensive computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Forms, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, and Word).
- Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar CRM software.
- Proficiency in using data and analytics to track donor trends and make informed decisions.
- Demonstrated success in major gift fundraising, donor relations, and grant writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage donors and persuasively present the organization’s mission.
- The ability to respond to changing circumstances and donor expectations.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive Certification
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job postings, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: