Job Type: Full-Time
Posted Date: 05/05/2023
Apply today as a Workforce Coach for Cincinnati Works.
About Cincinnati Works
Cincinnati Works partners with regional employers to solve workforce needs: filling open positions with quality candidates, retaining employees, supporting second-chance hires, developing potential leaders, and many more.
Cincinnati Works will partner with all willing and capable people living in poverty to assist them in advancing to economic self-sufficiency through employment. As a non-profit with a mission of ending poverty in our region, we are guided by core values that inform our people, programs, and partnerships.
- Work for the WOW!
- Own the future
- Ring the bell
- Keep standards high
- See the U in humanity
Workforce coaches believe in the Member’s wisdom and assist them in unlocking their potential. We believe Members own their individual goals and expectations and can change them. Coaching is a collaborative relationship that promotes Members making positive decisions for themselves by exploring options and information.
This role promotes positive relations and helps individuals seeking employment and professional advancement.
This role may also assist with program development and other subsets of membership as necessary.
- Provide the highest level of customer service.
- Strengthen the Member’s wisdom, thought processes, and directed action toward the future based on the individual’s self-identified goals and management of barriers.
- Create an environment that allows for inquiry, challenge, and the stimulation of critical thinking around new ways of being, thinking, and acting. Often, the result is new behaviors applicable to the Member’s life.
- Focus on the Member’s job retention, career advancement, financial, life, and education goals by utilizing a variety of contact routines and methods as decided by the Member, including meeting in-person, virtually, or by phone.
- Leverage social media, the USPS, family, or co-workers when necessary to ascertain the Member’s job performance and the identification of potential barriers.
- Celebrate milestones and “wins” with Members.
- Leverage an internal and external partner to promote and optimize Member efforts for success (financial coaching, spiritual advising, legal coordination, staffing specialist, behavior health), and external partners (i.e., community, employers) to determine the individual’s advancement potential.
The Voice of Black Cincinnati is a media company designed to educate, recognize, and create opportunities for African Americans. Want to find local news, events, job posting, scholarships, and a database of local Black-owned businesses? Visit our homepage, explore other articles, subscribe to our newsletter, like our Facebook page, join our Facebook group, and text VOBC to 513-270-3880.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
For more information or to apply: