Address3550 Washington Street
Cincinnati, OH 45229
The Center for Respite Care is looking to fill a Cincinnati Administrative Assistant position. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This is a full-time, permanent position and will support the senior leadership (CEO, CFO and CAO) of the Center for Respite Care (the Center) in a variety of functions.
The person in this position will be trained, instructed, and supervised in the position by the CEO, but will interface/support/receive direction from the CFO and CAO as well. S/he will be provided all the tools and supplies necessary to carry out daily and weekly tasks and essential job functions. The Cincinnati Administrative Assistant will be oriented to the mission of the Center, instructed in proper protocols for relating to the Center’s clients, fellow staff members, volunteers, and members of the public. S/he must be able to maintain proper confidentiality regarding clients and be able to relate well in a team environment and serve as the point-person for the Center’s computer system.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive computer, copier, and printer assistance requests from staff. Prioritize and serve as the conduit between the respective vendors and Center staff. Troubleshoot when necessary. Requests remain open until staff members’ issue is solved.
- Receive and check-in clients in a professional manner and discern who may be struggling and respond appropriately.
- Serve as receptionist and/or back-up receptionist. Ensure calls are answered professionally and routed correctly.
- Serve as the liaison between facilities during the transition from Avondale to Over-the-Rhine should a problem arise.
- Receive requests from staff regarding supplies that are needed, place order, ensure the staff has their supplies.
- Create and update Center forms.
- Utilize MS suite of products for word processing, reports, correspondence, and more.
- Utilize MS Outlook for the Center’s calendar maintenance and conference room scheduling.
- Special program and project coordination on an as-needed basis.
- File maintenance as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Basic IT knowledge and troubleshooting
- Computer proficiency – Standards, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.
- Word processing skills – both speed and accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
Qualified candidates should email Laurel Derks Nelson, CEO at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until June 16, 2017. No phone calls, please.
- Website: centerforrespitecare.org
- Facebook: CenterForRespiteCare
- Twitter: @HomelessRespite
- Current Address: 3550 Washington Street | Cincinnati/Avondale | Ohio
- Relocation Address: Near Vine & Liberty Streets in Over-the-Rhine in the new St. Anthony Center
Center for Respite Care is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide quality, holistic medical care to adult homeless people who need a safe place to heal, while assisting in breaking the cycle of homelessness. This is accomplished through the implementation of our core program – medical recovery. Staff address the pressing needs of our homeless clients through medical evaluations, limited laboratory tests, medication administration, nursing care, health education, and the coordination of medical and mental health services.