Reading Time: 0 minute
Address3 E 4th St
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
DescriptionIf you are interested in Government Affairs, the Cincinnati Regional Chamber is accepting applications for a Cincinnati Government Position as a Policy Analyst and Advocacy Manager with the CRC.
The Chamber is seeking a full-time Policy Analyst & Advocacy Education Manager to focus on the Chamber’s mission to lead with a bold voice for business by engaging, consulting, and connecting with Chamber members and partners to contribute to improved business outcomes in our region.
The ideal candidate is a life-long learner who especially appreciates research & writing, tracking current events, relevant issues and can consider the regional impact. This person has established a foundation of political knowledge including exposure to lobbying strategies and the operations of public sector agencies, as well as federal, state, and local governments. He or she is a highly determined individual and a self-starter who wants to drive results and is comfortable setting metric-driven outcome goals.
This person is a team player willing and excited to contribute to the team’s goals and ultimately, success. He or she will possess the strategic planning skills necessary to successfully manage the development and execution of the Chamber’s public policy agenda. This candidate possesses an interest in developing pro-business economic development and inclusion policies. This person is organized and focused and can strategically and effectively communicate with influencers and decision makers alike.
This candidate will thrive in the relationship-building process with Chamber members and partners. He or she will regularly and proactively engage Chamber members and partners to seek feedback on issues and identify emerging legislative priorities. The ability to problem solve and make necessary connections will be instrumental in achieving success. This person must have fire in the belly to make a difference and the ability to drive initiatives that deliver impact.
- Manage the development and execution of the Chamber’s public policy agenda.
- Create issue summaries, meeting briefings and position letters regarding public policy focus areas.
- Maintain and update the public policy catalog in key focus areas of economic development, inclusion and transportation.
- Monitor, track and evaluate issues linked to the public policy agenda, correspondence and related materials as needed by government affairs staff and member volunteers.
- Work with the government affairs team to advance the Chamber’s concerns/support regarding selected issues within the relevant decision-making forum and partners.
- Develop relationships with Chamber members to maintain a focus on public policy priorities.
- In conjunction with other Government Affairs staff, develop policy positions and lobbying strategies on proposed legislation and regulations.
- Provide opportunities for member engagement through volunteer work (task forces) linked to governmental and public decision-making processes.
- Assist with government affairs programs and events including the Columbus Drive-In, Washington, D.C. Fly-In and the Legislative Reception, etc.
- Regularly communicate with Chamber members and gather member feedback on legislative priorities.
- Conduct specific research projects as necessary and provide a written report communicating the results of the research.
- Customer Focus
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Integrity & Trust
- Drive for Results
- Political Savvy
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three-five years of experience in trade association, government affairs or related industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Understanding of public policy issues and legislative and political processes.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Familiarity with federal/state/local governmental infrastructure and public sector agencies
- The ability to analyze, understand and communicate legislation and regulations to others.
- The ability to work comfortably with senior executives by understanding how they think and responding to their needs appropriately.
The Policy Analyst & Advocacy Education Manager does not have supervisory responsibility.
We are visionaries, collaborators, and makers of change. We lead inclusively with passion, integrity, and fun!
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Position offers a rewarding challenge in a professional environment, competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Please submit resume and salary requirements by July 21st, 2017, to Resume@cincinnatichamber.com.