Reading Time: 0 minute
Address602 Main Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Cincinnati Metro Bus Operator position are now available.
Metro is seeking Bus Operators to operate passenger coaches over specified routes to transport people to and from their destination on time and in a safe and courteous manner. Cincinnati Metro Bus Operator applicants do not have to possess a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL) or a Commercial License Permit (CLP) to apply, but candidates must at least obtain their CLP along with the Airbrake and Passenger endorsements before they can start.
The CLP, along with the necessary endorsements, can be obtained by taking a written test through the Bureau Motor Vehicles Department (BMV).
While in training, trainees make $14.25/hour; After training, operators are paid $15.86/hour. Pay increases then progress based on the amount of hours worked: 1st Progression: $16.92/hour (after 2,080 hours worked); 2nd Progression: $18.51/hour (after 4,160 hours worked); 3rd Progression: $20.09/hour (after 6,240 hours worked); 4th Progression: $23.27/hour (after 8,320 hours worked); 5th/Final Progression (Top Pay): $26.44/hour (after 10,400 hours worked).
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Commitment to operating the coach bus in a safe manner and following traffic laws.
- Be available to work various work schedules including weekends and holidays.
- Comply with local, state and federal transit regulations.
- Collect bus fares using the new fareboxes.
- Provide stellar customer service and respond to customers in a courteous manner.
- Possess a level of professionalism to represent the SORTA/Metro brand.
- Be aware of hazardous and suspicious packages.
- Assist customers with disabilities.
- Report emergency, accidents or eminent safety conditions to dispatcher.
- Pre-inspect coach to detect and report safety or maintenance problems.
- Observe time schedules along specified route while picking up and discharging passengers.
- Ensure receipt of proper fare and accept or issue passenger transfers.
- Observe safe operating practices at all times.
- Operate wheelchair lift as needed.
- Answer passenger questions and requests, furnish accurate information, and appropriately deal with disorderly or unruly passengers.
- Report mechanical defects, accidents, road hazards, personal or passenger injuries to dispatch or supervisors.
- Operate a two way radio as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Applicants do not have to possess a Temporary or Valid CDL, Passenger Endorsement and Airbrake Endorsement to apply, but MUST obtain a Temp CDL with proper endorsements if offered the position.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- A minimum of three (3) years driving experience is required.
- Currently possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- No more than 4 points on driving report.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment DOT Physical & Drug Screen & obtain at least a 1 year DOT Certification.
- Must first attend the Coach Operator Interview and Testing Session.