Address602 Main Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Cincinnati Metro Information Specialist now has a position open at Government Square.
Metro is seeking an Information Specialist (PT) who will respond to face-to-face customer inquiries regarding schedule information, transfer routes, fare information, etc. at the Government Square information booth. The Cincinnati Metro Information Specialist will utilize a computer system or manual to provide the highest customer service.
Effective January 1, 2016, The Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority/Metro will not hire nicotine users. All candidates for hire extended an offer of employment will be required to successfully pass a nicotine screening as a condition of employment.
- Converse with customers to determine destination, travel dates and times, and accommodations required. Provide information to customers in person regarding various schedules and routes, including but not limited to, regular, school, detour, snow, and holiday service.
- Provide fare and boarding information to customers as needed. Maintain and update information on service routes in information binders on a daily basis.
- Assist in the development of strategies to meet or exceed organizational and department performance goals and objectives.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's security policies.
- Deliver fare media and schedules to businesses, schools or agencies. Perform additional duties as required.
- Model, facilitate and encourage exemplary internal and external customer service, open communication, collaboration, participation and professional development among staff.
- Provide a positive work environment that does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran.
- Ability to work in compliance with Metro's safety and security policies and other duties as assigned.
- Communication - Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills. Persuasive, consensus builder.
- Customer Focus - Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Employee Development - Competent in assessing employee skills: coaches, delegates, and supports employee development. Provides constructive feedback. Leadership - Energetic, innovative self-starter, committed to continuous improvement and creative problem-solving. - Professional Integrity - Exhibits and values commitment, leadership, accountability, diversity, honesty, fiscal responsibility, and the ability to maximize resources.
- Proficiency - Able to multi-task, plan and measure results, create and analyze data, excellent computer skills, accuracy and attention to detail, excellent project management skills.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). One to two years related professional experience. Working knowledge of word processing, basic computer skills and email.
- Familiarity with Metro's bus schedules, system, routes & policies.
- Able to work Five Day Work Weeks, Monday thru Friday, 2:00 p.m. 6:00 p.m.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials and supplies, up to 25 lbs. Bilingual ability is a plus.