Address4623 Wesley Avenue, Suite A
Cincinnati, OH 45212
The DSAGC would like to add a Cincinnati Program Assistant in order for their three Programming Coordinators in order to free them up to focus more of their time on providing support to our families in need on a case-by-case basis. The person in this position needs to be an exceptional team player as they will provide shared support to three different staff people (in addition to interacting with the rest of the staff team). The demands of this position will also require an exceptionally detailed individual who is capable of handling multiple tasks throughout the day. To see a full job description, please go to www.dsagc.com/about-us/careers.
- Provide logistical support to the programming coordinators for events, classes and projects as directed. The programming coordinators will still be the “face” and “planners” behind the different programming initiatives, but the Programming Assistant will do the bulk of the behind-the-scenes work to organize the initiatives.
- Be trained to create website registration pages for all programming classes or events that need them. The Volunteer & Communications Coordinator is also able to do this.
- Track all EM, SAM and AM program registrations and communicate any details to the participants and their families or caregivers. This includes handling any refunds if necessary.
- Send reminders and thank-you notes to presenters and volunteers of programming classes and events.
- Compile and organize all three eNewsletters, which will also include any community opportunities we want to promote. The Volunteer & Communications Coordinator will also train this person on how to eventually send the eNewsletters. The Program Coordinators will contribute the “value-added” content for these newsletters.
- Become proficient in the Salsa Engage database, as it pertains to managing program registrations and family records.
- On occasion, serve as the Program Host for EM, SAM or AM programs that are hosted in the DSAGC office.
- Assemble binders, folders, care packages and new parent baskets as needed. On occasion, drop off care packages to hospitals.
- Make copies and handle any mailings that are needed to support the Programming Team.
- Acquire the knowledge and skills to be able to help the DSAGC fully utilize our database system. These skills would include: entering new records, editing records, cleaning up addresses, marking participation fields, keeping giving records up to date, consolidating duplicate records, performing queries and running reports. During Buddy Walk season and if available, assist in the process of entering donations into the Donor Drive database.
- In collaboration with the Office Coordinator, keep a list of projects to keep the Self-Advocate Interns engaged and feeling productive. The Programming Assistant, the Adult Engagement Coordinator and the Office Coordinator will, together, provide the supervision and support to our Self-Advocate Interns. Assist with the team in compiling the training schedule for this program, including topics and trainers.
- Be available to assist the Events Manager the week of and the week after our major Special Events. This needs to be balanced with other normal responsibilities during those weeks.
- Be trained on how to make simple updates to the new Content Management System-based DSAGC website. Then, in coordination with our Volunteer & Communications Coordinator, help with making updates.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Computer competency in Microsoft Office Suite products and experience with databases.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Flexibility to work 25-35 hours per week, including occasional evenings and weekends.
If you are interested in the Program Assistant position, please email a cover letter stating why you feel like you would be a good fit for the position as well as why you are passionate about our mission. Please send your cover letter and resume to Amie Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.