Phone Number(859) 261-5857
Address901 York St
Newport, KY 41071
The Inter-Church Organization, Inc DBA Henry Hosea House is looking to hire an Executive Director of Development who supports the Mission of the Henry Hosea House (HHH) by developing sustainable streams of donor contributions, foundations, grant writing and fund raising efforts. Ensures all staff and volunteers are properly trained in food safety, cleaning techniques and storage. Ensures all staff members and volunteers provide quality meals and service to clients.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Works with community resources, existing donors and foundations to raise financial donations for the HHH.
- Seeks and writes grants.
- Plans and implements all fundraising efforts, including:
- Identification of resource requirements
- Establishment of strategies to approach funders
- Submission of proposals and reports to foundations and other funding bodies
- Networks, develops and maintains relationships with other social service providers and charities, attending meetings as appropriate.
- Serves on committees and participates in events representing the HHH.
- Works with Board of Directors and related committees to leverage various social media platforms (Facebook, HHH website, etc.) to promote fundraising efforts and general awareness of HHH.
- Serves as the chief spokesperson for HHH.
- Develops programs, organizational and financial plans and policies jointly with the Board of Directors and staff.
- Directs the implementation of all plans and policies approved by the Board.
- Ensures the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Monitors the production, service and clean-up of approximately 150 meals per day.
- Plans menus and ordering/use of donated food and materials jointly with Operations and staff.
- Recruits, interviews, trains, supervises and develops staff members and volunteers.
- Serves as an on-call backup for any emergencies, vacations and employee illnesses.
- Trained and authorized to pick up and drop off the Restricted Custody Center inmates as necessary.
- Ensures the facility is compliant with all Department of Health requirements. Communicates any required improvement items to the Finance Committee of the Board.
- Completes and submits all legally required audits and reports to the USDA, Free Store and other agencies.
- Adheres to all fiscal policies and procedures.
- Board Governance
- Communicates regularly with the Board of Directors, keeping the Board updated on any issues, events and support needs.
- Attends all Board meetings and provides accurate, detailed status reports at each meeting.
- Selection Criteria:
- Extensive experience working for non-profit organizations at a senior level.
- Experience preparing presentations.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills with the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner.
- Compassion and caring for all our men, woman and children coming HHH for food and nourishment.
- Extensive network of contacts, or ability to develop relationships with community leaders, congregations, social agencies and similar donor bases.
- Proven leadership, planning and organizational skills for successful management of a non-profit organization.
- Experience with fundraising, grant writing, networking, donor cultivation and community building.
- Experience creating reports; tracking and analyzing data (including financial data).
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, internal partners, and external partners.
- Manages conflict and builds healthy working relationships.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain compliance with government and grant regulations.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding client and staff information.
- Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or social sciences preferred; or commensurate related experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Food Service Certification preferred. Must obtain within 60 days of hire date.